Tech News AI facial recognition for interviews

Hmmm, not sure if that's a good idea? I wonder what the algorithms are looking for? Positive discrimination? FFs lol

Companies will be able to enter a quota so get the boot polish ready.

Can it detect transgenders, I wonder? Would it be appropriate or inappropriate for the AI to detect transgenders, and recommend based on that? A DNA sample and analysis of the 23rd chromosome should be able to clear that up. If the company wants a transgender person for quota reasons, what happens if the candidate, who once had a penis, now wants to be recognised as a woman? "Thanks, for your application, Miss Smith, you've been selected for the next round of interviews because you used to be a man.".

In the last twenty-odd years I remember being asked for my age and nationality on application forms. I even included it on my CV, although it had been then frowned upon for discrimination, at some point. I remember addresses on a CV being considered discriminatory at one time too, as if the interviewer looked it up and found you lived in a sink estate...

Now they want to use AI to scrutinise your appearance and speech during interviews. Next will be a MRI brain scan while you are shown pictures, I joked about this with a colleague ages ago.

First thing to do in a job interview is get your wang out and wave it around in front of the HR lady's face. If you still get the job, or even finish the interview, then you know its the kind of place to work for.

If they get offended or ask you to leave (the cheek of it!), then....... well, who wants to work at a place without a sense of humour, and you've still got the afternoon to watch Antiques Road Trip.

Oh, and if it's a guy in HR and you still get the job, then it's still a good place to work at but don't over-do it with the drink at the office party or you might wake up with a sore arse and no memory!

I only had an interview recently and it was recorded for analysis.

Probably using AI to gauge my reaction to there questions.

Interviews these days are mental my mate had simple fill in the blanks quiz and afterwards they told him they would no longer be progressing with his application when he asked why they said from the quiz that he would not be a good fit as he likes to work myself and does not take criticism well. Funny thing is that it couldn't be more right and he even said it himself. Amazing from picking a couple of word what they can figure out about you.

Back