aerial for viewing freeview ???

thomson

Inactive User
Reaction score
whats the best value for money aerial to purchase for getting all the freeview channels etc, i hear that some aerials dont pick up all the channels etc.

Please post links etc for shops and examples etc.

cheers :Cheers:

Same place different aerial. Put one of these 20 quid aerials in my dad's loft for freeview and works fine http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5341829.htm and he's in Glasgow too pointing at Blackhill.
The Argos catalogue details what aerials are Freeview compatible. The online store also tells you that but you have to go in each individual item.

The best advice i can give you is don't buy from a large chain store....Aerials are area specific (buy one with the correct colour code for your transmitter) and most large stores only sell general purpose aerials (which are ok if you are in a good reception area.... but never the best choice)

use the attached guide from the bbc and try this link www.dtg.org.uk/retailer/transmitters.html for information about which aerial you need for your transmitter.

you will find there is a small dusty shop somewhere near you, where some old guy repairs tvs and radios ... he is the guy to ask.

(antiference is a good cheep make... (think that's how you spell it))

Darcy

hmmmm, good info from all you guys, thank you, i will keep yaz posted on how i get on.

cheers :Cheers:

Back