Adware Spyware Help

hotwire

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi guys my laptop has gone all funny and all sorts of programmes are installing on it automatically, i think it has been infected with adware or spyware. thats what all these programmes are related to anyway. i dont know what to do pls help me. all info appreciated. even my desktop has changed and says im infected with some crap. many thanks in advance.

download and install adaware - you can get it from www.download.com.
Then use hijackthis to run another scan of those files that maybe hijacking your PC - clean those registry files etc that are incorrect.

run an antivirus scan from
http://uk.trendmicro-europe.com/consumer/housecall/housecall_launch.php

then go to start run and tyoe msconfig, goto the startup tab and see whats running on startup that shouldn;t be. untick those you definitely don;t need, but be careful not to uncheck necessarry files.

These should get you reasonably clean, however perhaps not 100% - do these and then let us know how far you get.

got download.com to work but as soon as i search for adaware it comes up with page not displayed and says just under the search bar where the windows security tab comes that the page you are looking has been blocked by the adware on your pc. thanks for the help am i really fooked or is there a way out.

Had similar problems, in order to clean up used and am still using the following...

1) Spy Sweeper
2) Spybot search and destroy (free)
3) Spyware Guard (free)
4) Disk Cleaner (free)
5) Ad-Aware SE (free)
6) BT Modem protection (free)
7) Hijack This (free) manually remove BHO's u think need removing

All checks show laptop to be clean!

Try some of the free ones, if they dont help then i would use 'HijackThis' but you need to be know what you are doing otherwise you could cause more harm than good. If you post the logs from hijackthis i should be able to help

Back