Sensible Topic ADVISE - Anyone use a Secure Password Saver program ??

bilabonic

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi All

The amount of passwords i have is unreal for various sites/banking etc etc...

I just keep them on a USB drive all on a notepad txt document BUT it is pissing me off plugging it in/out all the time.

I have heard about them BUT still not sure if they are safe ?

Anyone use/recommend one ??

Cheers

I use lastpass across my devices and swear by it! I have one incredibly hard password (not going to go further into it for security reasons) and my life, in the computer world, is far easier. The only thing i don't use it for is financial things.

I too have dozens of passwords to remember and, despite my failing memory I seem to be able to remember most of them. I have a simple common password I use across many 'unimportant' sites, then I use a more complex one for sites like this, where I use some letters from the site's name to (a) make them all different and (2) easy-ish to remember. Then my banking sites are all completely different, and the fact I have to remember them each time I log in seems to commit them to memory.
I've been tempted to use a password manager but with all the security breaches over the years it's in my mind that there is always that tiny chance it could get hacked. I certainly wouldn't trust a .txt doc on a USB stick @bilabonic , what if someone 'found' it?

I use lastpass across my devices and swear by it! I have one incredibly hard password (not going to go further into it for security reasons) and my life, in the computer world, is far easier. The only thing i don't use it for is financial things.

Good choice but some websites are moving to block the integration from what i've seen. Personally use keepass, comes in all flavours, and you can have it on your mobile. However you have to manually add the passwords to the other, but you can upload them to the cloud.

Back