Advice Please

bob123123

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi
I just received my dreambox 500c and when I opened the box and looked at the back connection. the ant inputs are the old tv rf type? the unit is badged 500c and under the unit the sticker with ser num has 500c. is this correct or is it a terrestrial badged as a cable box????

cheers for your help

bob

its cable but you have to get a converter that will screw onto the end of cable to make it like an rf plug, maplins sell them, the boxes never seem to come with them !!!

loady said:
its cable but you have to get a converter that will screw onto the end of cable to make it like an rf plug, maplins sell them, the boxes never seem to come with them !!!

Yup, or get yourself a cable splitter off fleabay, you can have the 'extensions' made up normally, worth a few quid me thinks.

Cheers, worry over. I am new to this. I have spent the last week reading this forum and downloading the tutorials to build up my knowledge. Big change since the I*V Digital golidies and MrSporty days

Cheers again for the quick reply.

Got the Coax plug to 'F' socket adapter today at maplins code(QP42V). Only cost £1.38.

:THANKS:

Cheers to everyone on the forum especially satchmo for his guide. Got the box today, rigged it up for the first time tonight following Satchmo’s guide. It worked no probs.

A quick question though – when the channel goes blocked, is that when it appears on the zap list?? And also is it common to have to reset the camd every once and a while????

Cheers again

:Biggrin2: :Biggrin2: :Biggrin2: :Biggrin2:

Glad to see you got up & running, Satchmos guide has proved invaluable to quite a few on here including me.

To answer your questions haven't got a clue what the zapit guide is (thought it was just a record of the channels you'd switched)

Yes, you'll probably need to restart the evocamd every now and again, i.e if the box is unplugged for a while etc

Back