advice please.

loady

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

I am trying to help my m8 set up a dreambox second hand, ie i dont have one yet (only dbox).

He says he can ping the box and has followed the guides for network settings on pc, however, he cannot get dreamup to connect or flashpro, is there anything he could have overlooked.

many thanks.

Is he connecting via a router? If so it could be that DHCP is enabled on his router and will be on the dreambox too

Easiest thing is to setup the IP on the Dreambox 1st (ensure DHCP is OFF ) I had the same problem.

Importantly DreamUp requires that the Dreambox is NOT plugged in when you start it, it should autoset the PC ip > then ensure 'use network' is checked power up (plug in NOT simply switch standby) DreamUp will ping the box first via serial null modem (if attached) and then by network.

Flashpro should be able to connect once you have verified above.

thanks knet,

i now have the box in my house on my feed, i set dhcp on box and ip to auto on pc and i can ping the box, this is the same settings for my dbox and i have no trouble flashing using these settings.

I have played with the service search settings and guessed the frequency at 570 and it started to pick up transponders etc, however it hasnt picked everything up, what it has picked up however will not descramble....the image already on the box is an enigma, i really need to get an image on that is set to scan tw.

Also the problem i have is that if the pc ip is set then i get no internet connectivity

i followed the dream up config you said, i checked "use network" the ip's displayed are local ip (pc) 10.0.0.10 remote ip (box) 10.0.0.11 this didnt look right so i pressed retrieve ip and nothing is happening its just stagnated.

i will play some more : tosser :

Righty im off to work, so far i have now reflashed with uk gemini image that is for the uk, however it seems to be set for ntl i need one set for telewest as i have to guess the frequncy, i get about 194 channells but no picture on tv, the epg bar keeps appearing and dissapearing and there is no time displayed with this one, just --.--

Back