advice please

gegar

Inactive User
Reaction score
sent laptop to be repaired under warranty and basically their saying its user misuse and want paying for fixing it , its 5 month old and its the ear phone jack plug socket just came out how can put a jackplug in and out wrong,any advice greatly apriciated

yes

but point is all that the jack plug socket was used for was jack plug in and out sounds like there just tring it on to me told them to send it back and they want paying for that to asus are shite

Who's the warranty with? Is it the manufacturer or a Curry's/PC World/Dixons warranty type company?

Thats bollox most companys will try and not pay out send a email saying your contacting trading standards etc this normallly works for me

He can't take it back to the shop once he has gone direct to the manufacturer, it's either one or the other, you always try the shop first and if they try to get clever then you go direct to the manufacturer.

Which company is it mate?

Explain them your situation and it is impossible to be a fault due to misuse,have you already told them you are not accepting their explanation? If you get no joy ask to speak to someone with more authority, also it is best to get hold of the company directors details (this can sometimes be found online), you can use this to your advantage when dealing on the phone, tell them you will be writing to Mr or Mrs such and such regarding their after sales care, but first of all always get the persons name you are dealing with on the phone, this must be done nice and early, just bring it up in converstation, as in "And I am speaking to?" This way you have a person to point to when dealing with any complaints.

If they still try to get clever tell them you will seek legal advice if they do not cough up, also explain to them that you are avid writer to quite a few PC magazines and I am sure some of them would like to hear about the situation.

You will quite often find that you are best to avoid dealing with this sort of thing over the phone. Places tend to fill their customer services with people who's sole role is to fob you off (and they are given no authorisation to do anything other than that).
Write a letter (not an email) to their "Complaints Department" and tell them that you will take this further to Trading Standards/Small claims court etc etc. You will usually find that this gets things resolved. I think it must be their mentality that if you will write a letter then you are not likely to be fobbed off easily.

thanks

every one for your help and advice thats given me agreat help and reminded me of witch way to deal with these people the company are nova or enova based in scotland i think, was purhaced from pc world and if there was no exstended cover purchased dont want to no and thanks again

The service at PC World is an absolute disgrace. Have given up buying anything substantial from them.

Bought a wireless N USB stick a while back, wouldn't work with my computer. They didn't believe me and tested it on theirs and it worked (so it must have been my fault!! or my computer wasn't set up properly). Finally changed it for me after a stand up argument in the showroom and establishing that I run Vista 64 and none of their machines have it on (had the cheek to tell me it was a rubbish version of Vista), to which I had to point out the cheek of them selling all these dual core computers without any running the OS to make the most of them.

If you bought from PC World and it's only 5 months old it is probably still under warranty. The seller is responsible for getting it fixed or replaced or a refund if they can't get it resolved.

As for user missuse then that's just horsesh*t for an excuse, and flexing of muscle by them to make you drop the case. Whatever they say they are bound by the terms & conditions the sale of goods act in the UK. So if you've got all the paperwork just make it clear to them that you will take the case further. It is on them to prove that you have abused or missued the device and from the desription of the problem that seems very unlikely and my guess is they know it.

Don't give in to them.

Back