Advice on Xbox one upgrade

rawsy

DW F1 Champ 2010, 14, 19, 20 and 22
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys I have been looking around trying to figure out the best way to minimise the cost of getting an Xbox one s and getting rid of an Xbox one 500gb.

There is nothing wrong wrong with my Xbox , I have just gotten a 4K tv and don't see the point in getting a separate unit just for the uhd blu ray.

Has anyone else had this dilemma and what was the best option please?

Last edited:
I don't think the s has a uhd player I think it just plays 4k content through the hard-disk or streaming
I just read a review on what hi-fi the s has a uhd player but isn't very good according to them but there will be a new Xbox codenamed Scorpio out Xmas 2017 me personally I'd wait a while before upgrading anything untill the hardware is worth the upgrade
Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Its on the back burner for at least a month as it will likely cost me about a ton, depending on how much i get for my standard xbox one. I am going to go this rout thougha s i have seen a couple of reviews saying that the uhd is ok and its more important to keep the tv uncluttered (so says the wife).

cheers

One other major upgrade in the s is the range of the controllers. You could remotely locate the xBox with the better range of the controller, therefor greatly increasing the WAF.

Back