Advice Needed :)

somethingrandom

Inactive User
Reaction score
I'm planning on buying a 50" 1080p Plasma with 600hz and the like.

But i'm wondering is it worth spending all the money on the tv and then obviously updating my film collection with blu ray movies. As i'm aware 3d tv's are beginning to emerge into the market. I would be really annoyed as im sure many others would if in say a years time all of the blu ray movies are then made in 3d if you get what i mean.

Is it still worth paying close to a grand now or should i wait until 3d becomes more established.

By the way i'll be using the tv for gaming and films

Cheers :)

If you are serious about your gaming then 3D is the way to go. Had a chance to sample it a couple of weeks ago on the PS3 and it was amazing.

For new movies, some benefit from 3D mostly action films, others are you really fussed if the latest rom-com or drama movie is in 3D. And don't forget that 3D is still expensive to film in at the moment.

As for remastering old films in 3D, unless they are rendered movies then tacked on 3D does NOT look good if clash of the titan and alice in wonderland are anything to go by. I hear there are looking at redoing the star wars movies and lord of the rings but I am not holding my breath.

BTW, I believe panasonic are the only ones who are going with plasma for 3D. Price difference between V20 and VT20 is around £600, price for 3D blu-ray player is around £350.

From what I hear, it could be a while and viewing positions are pretty restricted at the moment.

Back