Advice needed regarding parking law

The Dentist

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, been searching google about laws regarding residents parking.
I heard somewhere that council can only charge the amount of money that it costs them to maintain a parking bay per year.
now at the moment I am paying over 150 quid parking permit for a year (5 days a week). thats the same as road tax. i just want to know what are the regulations for charging all this money?
im sure it doesnt cost camden council 150 quid to maintain a 2 meter by 1 meter space of street for a year.
is this charge legal?

considering that i never find a space to park within a 1 mile radius f where i live anyway even after i pay that much.

Last edited:
Hey guys, been searching google about laws regarding residents parking.
I heard somewhere that council can only charge the amount of money that it costs them to maintain a parking bay per year.
now at the moment I am paying over 150 quid parking permit for a year (5 days a week). thats the same as road tax. i just want to know what are the regulations for charging all this money?
im sure it doesnt cost camden council 150 quid to maintain a 2 meter by 1 meter space of street for a year.
is this charge legal?

considering that i never find a space to park within a 1 mile radius f where i live anyway even after i pay that much.

yes m80 they can do what ever they want in edinburgh some people cant park at there homes so they did this .but still happens .
ask your local council for davice they will tell you the same .they fleas joe public .with sh.te like this all the time

yes m80 they can do what ever they want in edinburgh some people cant park at there homes so they did this .but still happens .
ask your local council for davice they will tell you the same .they fleas joe public .with sh.te like this all the time

so if they wanted to charge a million pounds an hour they can? there are no laws or regulations regarding this?

Back