Advice needed on warranty

jamrop

Member ++
Reaction score
Hey

Wonder if anyone can help me, on what i should do about the situation below

Brought a 8800GTS 320mb graphics card from Inno3d in February 2007 from ebuyer. In March the card had a fault. I contacted Ebuyer, but they said that only has 1 year warranty with it.

I read that Inno3d cards have a 2 year manufacture warranty on it, so i contacted inno3d, who said to get in contact with the reseller, which i did, and they said to get in contact with the maunfacture.

I emailed inno3d again, and they response with

Dear Sir,

Yes, in general, the warranty is 2 years. But in some cases, for example, discount product may have a shorter warranty.

So, we will not accept the direct RMA from end user except for some special case.

Any inquiry, please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards,
Ken Wong

I emailed them my invoice, and have no heard anything from 2 weeks. I emailed them again, saying not heard anything, but again nothing.

Looks like they are based in Germany

Is there anything i can do ?

Many thanks

pipsqueaker

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hey

Wonder if anyone can help me, on what i should do about the situation below

Brought a 8800GTS 320mb graphics card from Inno3d in February 2007 from ebuyer. In March the card had a fault. I contacted Ebuyer, but they said that only has 1 year warranty with it.

I read that Inno3d cards have a 2 year manufacture warranty on it, so i contacted inno3d, who said to get in contact with the reseller, which i did, and they said to get in contact with the maunfacture.

I emailed inno3d again, and they response with

Dear Sir,

Yes, in general, the warranty is 2 years. But in some cases, for example, discount product may have a shorter warranty.

So, we will not accept the direct RMA from end user except for some special case.

Any inquiry, please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards,
Ken Wong

I emailed them my invoice, and have no heard anything from 2 weeks. I emailed them again, saying not heard anything, but again nothing.

Looks like they are based in Germany

Is there anything i can do ?

Many thanks

Shouldn't matter how much you paid for. If the product on their website says 2 years then it's 2 years.
Don't rollover to them. Phone trading standards in your town first, they will have advice for you.

Starfish

Inactive User
Reaction score
Your contract is with retailer
read small print on warr card
""h""p://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/""

bignbold3000

Member ++
Reaction score
ebuyer are beginning to get too big for there boots again............email them and tell them that either they sort this out or you'll contact trading standards (like someone has said before)............but always try to be polite but firm..........swearintg or getting your hair-off never helps

jamrop

Member ++
Reaction score
Thanks for the advise, i have contacted Ebuyer, to see what they say.

TEST