Sensible Topic ADVICE - Iphone 5s battery only lasting a few hours !!!

I have played for over an hour with a cable i supposed was orig...NOTHING...As above. It would turn on/wake up the phone when off, BUT NO charge ?
I cleaned the port out, it was spotless, still the same...(used evaporating elec spray on a tip)...

Conclusion- It MUST be the lead..

Last resort i rummaged through my box of leads and found another BRAND NEW COPY one, plugged it in and had exactly the same !!

Plugged in/out 50 times and 'ping' it's charging ?

Might look at replacing the port OR try an original lead (if they are out there !!)....Only the bottom connections are used on the port from what i have read.

Thanks for replying mate..

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Your symptoms sound like a u2 ic chip. Usually caused by cheap lightning cable.

If your iPhone 5 isn't charging anymore, it could be that third party cable you're using

Take it to your local phone repair shop and have it tested. Sounds to me like a dodgy port which has gave up the ghost because of repeated wiggling of the usb lead.
I have a set of iphone adapters connected to my power supply which the repair shop will also have. These bypass the battery so provided it isn't U2 related then it will power up. The shop can then backup your phone which you should have been doing anyway ;)
Alternatively I have a new port you can have, it's a black one and I doubt I'll ever need it now. No need to remove the old one when just using it as a test, just disconnect and reconnect the new one in it's place and see if it will charge.

If you want it then IM me with your address and I'll pop it in the post tomorrow...no charge

Awesome, i've definitely been 'wiggling' the hell out of it, i managed to get it to 2% and done a Backup via Itunes (its backs up auto to iCloud anyay.

I'm confused to what you are referring to regarding the port, what ? How can i use this when it HAS to plug into my 'suspect' dodgy port ?

If you could send it i would be VERY grateful !!

I will PM you know, can you send me link to the 'port tester' you are referring to.

Cheers Mate ....

Awesome, i've definitely been 'wiggling' the hell out of it, i managed to get it to 2% and done a Backup via Itunes (its backs up auto to iCloud anyay.

I'm confused to what you are referring to regarding the port, what ? How can i use this when it HAS to plug into my 'suspect' dodgy port ?

If you could send it i would be VERY grateful !!

I will PM you know, can you send me link to the 'port tester' you are referring to.

Cheers Mate ....
I've replied to your pm bilabonic but for others reading this thread I did not say a "port tester". Rather just a way of proving whether the port is faulty or not. Thought I'd put it plain enough in my last post.
"Alternatively I have a new port you can have, it's a black one and I doubt I'll ever need it now. No need to remove the old one when just using it as a test, just disconnect it and reconnect the new one in it's place and see if it will charge."

Hope that will save me from multiple queries of where to get a "port tester", lol.

Back