Printing ADVICE - How can i only print ONE page ?

bilabonic

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi All

I keep all receipts from Ebay and just print them via Thunderbird BUT everytime i print the one off i have 2 pages, one with the info i need and the rest with load shite (couple of lines at top) that goes in the bin.

So i am wasting 1 piece everytime i print a receipt.

It does not allow you to adjust it to one page in print preview, only adjust percentage size and landscape/portrait ?

I've tried saving it to desktop and opening with another program but no luck ?

Snipping tool will not let me 'snip' all the page i want (unless there is a way to scroll down whilst snipping?)

Anyone ?

Cheers

Bit of a long way round but you could print to PDF with some PDF tool then print a page range from the PDF document.

Bit of a long way round but you could print to PDF with some PDF tool then print a page range from the PDF document.

I don't have that option ? Only as above.

Huge pile wasted paper though, as i do about 50/60 a month !!!

You could download something like "snagit". Don't think its free so you may have to get a copy from somewere otherwise you could try a free alternative of snagit.
Type into google something like "free alternative to snagit" and I'm sure there will be plenty to choose from.

I'm not sure if you have this option in Thunderbird, but in Outlook you can click the "Print Options" button on the Print screen, you can then select which pages you want to print.

Pretty sure you could scroll with Snagit.

Other option is to open a Word document and use the snipit tool to grab the bits you need and then copy and paste it into the Word doc.

Just put one sheet of paper in your printer :proud:
If you don't want to empty your print queue each time just put one of your "scrap" sheets behind the good one

There are several free "PDF Printers" available that you can install.

CutePDF and PDFCreator are the two I'd recommend.

Once installed they show up as a printer, you can just print whatever you like and it prompts you where you would like to save the PDF.

If you're still set on printing them, you could print just pg1, but I'd just recommend keeping a backup of that folder to save paper :Doc:

I would suggest to purchase and install Acrobat Standard or above, which will also install the PDF distiller and PDF printer drivers and this then will allow you to print to PDF from any application. However the number of non-Adobe free resources cost nothing and work great as well. I have read good reviews about CutePDF.

Bring the receipt up on your smartphone expand it to fill the screen including the bits your looking for, take s screen shot then print the screen shot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mine comes up with a box like this on the top left it say print range there i can choose to print all one or whatever i would assume most printers have something of the same nature within their software i assume you have got your printers software loaded on to your pc

Attachments

• print screen.PNG
    print screen.PNG
    44.9 KB · Views: 8
mine comes up with a box like this on the top left it say print range there i can choose to print all one or whatever i would assume most printers have something of the same nature within their software i assume you have got your printers software loaded on to your pc

I've had Lexmark, Canon, Epson, and HP printers and always had this dialogue, so not sure why bilabonic doesn't.

...but if it ain't there then chookey's solution in post #10 is the simplest and least complicated way around.

Thunderbird lets you to select which pages you wish to print.
On the 'Print' dialogue (Ctrl+P) , choose the 'Pages' option in the 'Range' section and type '1' into the textbox. Then hit the 'Print' button.

Are you using Firefox? If so there’s a longstanding problem with printing that i have encountered before. What browser are you using?

if all else fails, set printer to print both sides. one side with what u need other the crap = 1 page.
bit of a cop out but sorts ur paper wastage.

Back