Sensible Topic ADVICE - Any Plumbers on here, need advice on part ??

bilabonic

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi All

I have 2 rented flats, both with CRAPPY Ferroli Domicompact F24B boilers, i repaired the first boiler (needed new O rings and a new fan...

The boiler in other flat is now fooked and tenant has done a runner !!!! CW supply to boiler was off/no pressure, Covers were off it as well !! (it only had a Gas Safe Cert in May)...

Anyway, i put CW feed back on, when fill system and it was like a bloody fountain out of the 4 inputs/outputs on the Secondary Heat Exchanger (the crappy connections that are help in with clip)....

Anyway i fixed this problem on the first boiler with a new O Ring set, but lost details/part no...

Its on page 32, labelled no. 277 -

http://www.ferroli.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/brochures/archives/DOMIcompact F24 B Manual.pdf

I am also presuming the PCB is fooked as it has water damage but that is a simple fix...

Can ANYONE comfirm this is the seal set i need -

FERROLI F24B O Ring Kit 39817620 BRAND NEW ORIGINAL BOXED PART | eBay

Cheers....

p.s I WILL BE GETTING MY GAS SAFE MATE OUT TO CHECK ALL OVER ETC !!!!

Should be a GC number on the data plate mate. Usually starts GC 47-***-** or whatever. That's going to take you to the exact model of boiler you've got installed. Get that GC number and I'll ring up Ferroli for you and get the part number of the kit.
It's probably generic but then again.....

By the way, you will be half way to a new boiler by the time you've paid for that bloody mains board. I'll be able to get the part number off that, might get a good deal on ebay or elsewhere.

Cheers Gasman !!!!

When i'm at the property next i will get the EXACT details BUT in the meantime Ferroli have just eamiled back with -

Domicondens f24b

Heat exchanger o/rings

You will need two (2) x 39817620

Clips

Small – part/no 39840380

Large – part/no 39840260

Is it worth changing the clips ? I'm pretty sure i used Boss white on the O rings as well from memory ?

They must be the WORSE boilers i have come across !!! (even though my 701 has been running at mine since 1997 ish !!!, only ever replaced the APS, plus it needs an electrode....lol)

What you reckon mate ?

Seems a bit of a scam purchasing 20 rings and i only need 4 !!! Wish i new their dimensions, £18 for 4 little rings, i have a ) ring set here so going try them first...

Cheers

They're quite a chunky O ring. Don't put boss white on them though, you're better off with silicone grease.
The clips should be alright to re-use, you will know yourself if they're fkd.
And yes, they're the worst boiler you've come across lol.
I should probably start keeping bits off em when I'm ripping them out.

Yea, i have replaced them before on the other boiler...Bloody pain !!! Move a pipe couple mm and it's pisses out...I have high temp Silicone grease...

I also just had a loadk at my O ring set and have 17mm ID in 2.5mm/2.7mm/3mm...So should be fine...

Just PCB then, part ex, HOPEFULLY it will be sorted....

What's pissing me off is that i had a Grant on the property, new roof/stack removed/pvc/guttering/huge flat roof etc

The plumber (was about 85) was there for fookin ages and SOAKED messing with them...lol...He also fitted a new flue (to go with new roof)...

But my tenant has removed cover and wedged a POTATO...YES a fookin POTATO on one pipe...lol

It's cooked itself/shrunk and leaking like hell now...ha ha

A fooking potato :confused: what the hell lol. Just why though pmsl.

A jacket potato now !!!!

Just got in touch with him...he stated the HW works, but obviously he can't leave the system pressurised because of the leaks...He also stated that when he connects 'a wire'...it trips the main MCB, the x2 fuses on the PCB are OK, he reckons its a dodgy pump !!.....Only ever had ONE in all my years...

The bloody diagnostics on the thing are useless !!

Hope to hell i can repair it....Must be a direct earth fault to be taking out the main 32a MCB !!!

Cheers, got that, i'm a spark in industry for 24 years mate (elec eng), as you stated stop leaks, and go from there, i will test pump etc...But i'm 99% the PCB is fooked..I may be able to fix it...I'll check IR on pump AND on the outgoing connection that is tripping the MCB, if i can't find faultt think i will fit a Baxi Eco 24 as its a flat..

Still not had chance to sort boiler !! Bloody toliet flush if fooked as well now, handle is snapped off (nothing), it's the old type syphon, just ordered one of these of Screwfix - Viva Adjustable Dual-Flush Syphon

Had the adjustable just in case? What is the purpose of the height ? I presume it's just from a 'physical size' in the tank ??

Last edited:
It is mate but make sure you get it level as if it is high at one side it will let water seep into the toilet bowl and gurgle all feckin night lol ( speaks from experience :))

It is mate but make sure you get it level as if it is high at one side it will let water seep into the toilet bowl and gurgle all feckin night lol ( speaks from experience :))

Lol, so it has an overflow built in as well ? Mine tank has an external overflow as well...lol

LONG PULL for a short flush and short pull for FULL flush, you take those tabs out to adjust 6l, 8l or pl i think ?

Lol, so it has an overflow built in as well ? Mine tank has an external overflow as well...lol

LONG PULL for a short flush and short pull for FULL flush, you take those tabs out to adjust 6l, 8l or pl i think ?

In which way would the water enter the bowl ? Overflow built in ??

In which way would the water enter the bowl ? Overflow built in ??
No but its
not the overflow that's the problem. If its not level the washer at the bottom doesn't seat properly allowing water to seep into the bowl , The gurgling comes from the fill valve cycling to keep the level . The other thing I found was the same washer swelling and not seating but I as a temp measure trimmed a few mill off the diameter and it worked lol till I got a replacement syphon washer :)

Cheers, can't see it being a problem at all them.

Back