Adverts

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamba

Inactive User
Reaction score
Do we really have to have them between posts?

Seems like a backwards step to me!

Okay, so it would be great if everyone donated but one persons "not much money" may be quite a lot for someone else.

Also I think it spoils the look of the site for new or casual visitors.

:( :( :(

Dont know what u mean m8,i aint got any adverts between posts

donated members dont get the adverts, was in the email mickie sent out

Maybe i should of read the email better :) cheers red

Think Hamba already knew what you've said. If you read his post.

I agree with him :), and think it makes the forum look cheap.

But maybe having the ads will help towards the running costs next year (probs not by much though).

As for the ads! I dont think anyone will click on them. Would you? lol

Yes, I know donated members can't see them.

I can appreciate added benefits for donating but not keen on penalties for not.

My personal circumstances mean that I have very little money to spare. I try to contribute to the site by being an active member.

This sort of thing begins to make me feel small and embarrassed because I have not donated.

i would not worry yourslef about it hamba its not about your circumstances :)

and it took me 3 hours to get the system right.... no one moaned when everyone had the adds and we have had google adds for the last year now ???

its only you thinking you aint getting something the contributed members are getting.... and im sorry to say there will be alot more things the contributed members are going to get priority for.

and you are right the adsense revenue is very small but still its money for a few clicks and everything counts

Mickie D said:
its only you thinking you aint getting something the contributed members are getting.... and im sorry to say there will be alot more things the contributed members are going to get priority for.

No it isn't - I said I don't mind benefit for donators. The ads at the top of the page are not intrusive, the ones in the middle are. Didn't have them before so now it feels like a penalty for not donating.

Sorry but that's how it feels to me.

i agree with hamba, the adds before were ok, but the ones between posts have made me feel cheap,

money situations are really tight with me, and for a very long time they have, any spare cash i have goes to my parents, to help them out with house holds things, as they are really skint,

and the money i save i try to buy things for my parents so i can see them happy,

ive been here for a long time, but have started to post alot less because of this contributed thing, i really wish i could donate but i physically cant afford it :(

i may not have helped every single person on this forum but some people i no i have helped,

oh well am waitin for the people to started fighting against me now

and for the people who have donated and have no idea what am talking bout, this is what we see between posts

"hate adds ?, contributed members do not view any adds on the forum READ MORE (click here) get a spinny sign next to your posts aswell plus lots more"

i also agree with Hamba, Riksta and Diamond, I dont there should be punishment for those not donating or requests for donations. Ok maybe add benefits for those that donate, but these ads really do make the forum cheap looking, unfriendly and not as welcoming to newbies.
I'm on your side guys because i feel its a backwards step for the best forum around :(.

Mickie D said:
Well i have got no chance, my mum would never give me the money to pay for this site...she already says she gives me enough...im young, dont work have no money...so to speak....i cant contribute much because my knowledge is very little....now im going to be in the poor mans shoes.....i thought it was all about helping each other and making everyone feel like a tem....now i feel like a leper all becuase i have no money!!!!!
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

well the adds have gone now so give the moaning a break everyone!

but regarding to freeview access, emails and webspace, they are going to be for contributed members and most of the new stuff aswell

its not about money maybe i should not have put the adds in posts seemed like a good idea at the time when i was reading about the adsense revenue made from this hack... thought it would benfit the forums.

i feel ashamed of myself now i have made you feel like (as rob states) lepers.... dont make me feel any worse.

adds are now for guests only in posts... the top adds will be staying as said they are not intrusive and if you feel generous you can click one ;)... and it only needs to be once a day :)

topic closed !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back