Advent computers

stevedw

DW Member ++
Reaction score
What do you think of Advent computers from PC World. are they a good choice for value for money, build quality, etc..

The laptops have always been very reliable and quite well specced for the price. If you are talking about desktop, i only reccommend building your own really, it isnt hard to be and you know all the components are good quality.Also normally cheaper.

Never used advent, but agree build your own, cheaper, and if you get stuck, loads of help here

naijishi said:
The laptops have always been very reliable and quite well specced for the price. If you are talking about desktop, i only reccommend building your own really, it isnt hard to be and you know all the components are good quality.Also normally cheaper.

I bought an advent laptop 6 months ago and havent had any problems since. just wanted to hear what other people thought of the brand.

Hi Im using Advent t9 from pc world havent had any trouble whatsoever

something interesting i just heard is thet advents and medion laptops are made in basically the same place just with different badges. not sure how true it is but i also have a medion laptop and thats been very reliable also and was very cheap.

I've had an advent laptop for about five/six years. It got a bit slow for me (it was designed for Windoze 98 so that's forgivable) but gave it away to a friend and they're still happily using it now. The only minor problem I had was the screen surround cracked in the bottom left hand corner, but a dose of super-glue soon cured that. Other than that - it was excellent.

Depends on what you want the PC for, gaming, internet, homework, if it is for you or present etc etc. Build your own is ok, but sometimes can't beat just take out the box and go!

Back