Adt

earthshayker

Inactive User
Reaction score
I've had nothing but trouble with these fookers first they serviced someone else's system and sent me the bill even though I paid upfront in full for a year comprehensive cover it took me almost 5 weeks of constant phone calls before they accepted it now I've been waiting for an engineer for 2 days now and they rang to say he'd be here about midnight.
My contract is comming to an end soon so I might just look elsewhere, the question is can I use another company with ADT equipment (which is mine as I've paid for it)

If you have paid for the equipment mate, then it definitely should be ok. Just get another company in and they will 'take over' the alarm but still use ADT's equipment, as it will be more than likely good components. Im sure you'll be able to get another company in and just tell them your happy with the installation, you just want a Maintenance contract with them. You dont happen to live in the North East do you mate :proud:

no m8 I'm in Cheshunt Herts.
What companies could you recommend?

Im not too sure down there mate, hows about looking at a few local companies as there work base will be smaller, so they may concentrate on customers more. Whereas the likes of ADT are big and may not care as much about 'smaller' customers. My brother will be on later and he will know more probably, ive only been in the trade since December (im a trainee lol).

Hi

ADT will be complete asses about you going elsewhere.. As long as you own the system they can't come and remove anything.
If it's a business alarm you will need a recognised company(look in yellow pages) either NACOSS or SSAIB, The only thing that ADT will own then is the REDCARE.
You say you're happy with the equipment installed then don't let any other companies tell you it's shite....search around until someone gives you a decent price for takeover and maintainence. The only problem you will have is the new company will not give you warranty on parts as they have not installed it.
Hope this helps
Marty (Robc11's Bro)

Thanks m8 the alarm is for my house, I've been looking but it seems like I'll have to stick with ADT

Back