Administrator has blocked this app from installing

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
An older relative asked me to into a Samsung printer but when I tried to install it I kept getting this Admin blocking message. Save me messing I looked at Youtube Changed the registry the EnableLUA to zero , installed then turned it back on. How do you permanently sort this as I don't want to be back and forth sorting it every time he wants program installing ? .
Windows defender was off as well (Windows 10)

Sorry for not replying , I changed the registry to 0 , installed the printer, changed it back to 1 the gave it back. It doesn't help when the PC has a low spec for Windows 7 nevermind Windows 10

1. Launch Start Menu, search for and select Command Prompt. Then right-click on it and choose Run as Administrator from the context menu.
  2. Type the following net user administrator /active:yes then hit Enter
    • You should see a message saying "command completed successfully".
  3. Launch Start Menu once again and right-click on user account title at the top-left of the screen. Then click Sign out.
  4. At the login screen, choose the Administrator account and you will return to the Desktop of that user profile.
  5. Locate and run the *.exe file for the program which you want to install.
  6. As you have already logged in to the Administrator account, Smartscreen protection will be disabled and the installation should complete successfully.
  7. After completing installation, log in to your regular account after logging out of the Administrator account.
  8. Finally, disable the Administrator account that was used earlier to prevent malicious access to your system files. Execute the following in Command Prompt - net user administrator /active:no

Alternatively you can right click the File you are trying to install and choose> Run as Administrator, this might pop up a login screen that will ask for the administrator password and username. you will need them to continue.

Back