Sensible Topic Admin

gasman

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I’ve started using a new app, it’s called discourse hub.
I struggle to navigate the forum on tapatalk. Any chance you could support discourse on hear?
@Mick

I’ve started using a new app, it’s called discourse hub.
I struggle to navigate the forum on tapatalk. Any chance you could support discourse on hear?
@Mick
Never use this forum by any other means than browser.

Maybe harder pushing on social madia would not be anything out of the ordinary nowadays.

Seems the way it is of recent.
🙂

Yes agree with anyway of being notified is good, as i have set account “never” to get emails from here as my inbox gets hammered with clockers.
If app gives notification by what ever means user decides on app can only be good.

But personally i think forum sites are in dicline. There is many reasons i believe for that. Im a member of several social media sites and another major forum site.
Some social media groups are closed groups, some open groups.
As digital era moves so quick now i think having better tactics from forums need to be embraced.
Many will find faults in my opinion, but really the internet is more than a stand alone search engine now with site hits and numbers to domains.

Crowded market now with more options other than an app.
Thankfully thread is “sensible topic” on here.

As it was one of the quietest years i ever seen here in 2018 i cant see many things changing in 2019.

But good thread that opens debate to more than having an app.
Maybe not slowly drown in 1990s era.

DW rocks so much knowledge from the globe

That's what makes this forum standout

But deffo a new app to view time moves on nice one :)

I thought it was an app like tapatalk, however its a forum of sorts software.

You don't integrate it you port from one to the other.

I know what you guys mean we should have a way to allow you to push notifications to your devices... I will look into this.

Thank you.
Mick

Just upgraded the site to XenForo 2.1

this is actually beta, which I normally won't risk but it had push features built in, allegedly they have been under the cosh with upgrading the functionality to keep up with fast pace tech.

Let me have a look around the settings and find out what we can do.

I Will start with the PUSH notifications.

Mick

On your mobile or browsers go to preferences after clicking on your profile.

Does not work with safari or apple browsers, if you want to use this on an iPhone install chrome (its a pretty decent browser to have anyway).

**EDIT chrome does not work, it must be an IOS issue

Mick

testing reply, had a few errors when writing replies

This is the error message received when attempting to add the forum in the app. Don’t know if this helps.

We are using XenForo not discourse mate.

Discourse is a forum software not an addon

Mick

Back