Add Sky Box Office Sports using Manual Scan

Devilfish

DW Regular
Reaction score
Found this on my travels and it's much easier than editing bouquet files.

Go into scanning menu...

Menu > Setup > Service Searching > Manual Search

Frequency - 555MHz
INV - ON (ticked)

Now select Yellow button (PID)

Name - Sky Box Office Sports
Provider - 555
Video PID - 0203
Audio PID - 0297
PCR PID - 007b
Teletext PID - 0243
TSID - 0007 (for ex-tw)
TSID - 007a (for ex-ntl)
ONID - 1020
Service ID - 06a4 (for ex-tw)
Service ID - 0275 (for ex-ntl)
No DVB - Untick
Use SDT - Tick

Save settings (BLUE)

Start scan

Should only take a few seconds and should return 2 new services.

Exit out of the menus.

Press OK then RED (All Services) and scroll down to Sky Sports Box Office. Should work ok.

Enjoy!

:)

Reactions: T67
Nice1 DF this works a treat m8 ;)

I'm using DW 1.6.5 and it's not working for me on Ex-C&W

I know the TSIDs,service Ids, Video Pids etc are Ex-NTL & Ex-TW.

I tried both, no joy, anyone know what they are for Ex-C&W

PS PLEASE DONT REPLY WITH THE RESULT I have avoided TV, Radio etc so far today and I don't know who won !! I want to watch it myself

Convert

Sorry guys, I didn't know the proper services id and tsid for the whole country, obviously it's different in your area.

If you find out what they are, this is how you can add it for future programs.

hi devilfish

you dont happen to have a way to get setanta sports 1 on chorus dmms??

thanks stiofain.

Sorry stiofain, I'm not on Chorus so don't have that info.

Maybe one fo the chorus guys could check their services to see what transponder id it's on and you could do a manual scan.

ok thanks i'll keep trying i have all sky sports and setanta 2, 3 and golf but missing the main one

Just thought, do you mean that setanta 1 isn't appearing after a scan or the channel is there but you get a blank screen?

the channel is not there at all,its a 500t but it is there on the 500c they are both chorus

Try copying -->this<-- file to /var/etc, reboot and do another scan.

You might have more scanning option, choose which ever is most suitable for your area.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a dbox services file for my area. Is it possible to use the values in it with this method to get my missing channels? If so would some kind sole mind telling me which goes where?

Go through your dbox2 services and find the channel in question.

Note the serviceid and transponder id, substitute thos values for the values on the first page and do a manual scan as normal.

Last edited:
not working in basildon either. just asking to add another transponder after scan (ex tw), cheers anyways, if anyone has the correct settings for this area please post
cheers

how can we find out the frequencies etc for our areas? We could then make a list for each area and their details, this would mean we all could enjoy box office.

Hope you clever guys can figure out the details for each area.

Would a more detailed cables.xml be able to pick up the missing channels? It would take longer to scan or are they sent differently?

Back