BIOS/UEFI Acer Nightmare

Dutcho

VIP POOF
VIP Member
Reaction score
Chaps

I have a new lappy for work but unfortunately the software I need to run (festo FST) Will not run on windows 10 !! So I though I know I'll just install win 7 on the lappy but NOPE the fooker wont let me install it something about some bios setting I cant change (legacy or sommit) It's a Acer aspire A315-31-P31X I've got wins 8.1 on it now but that's as low as I can get to install with loads of drivers including the mouse pad not working. Any ideas ? The bios only support UEFI, no Legacy

Last edited:
try this m8

Secure Boot is a feature designed to prevent malicious software and unauthorized media from loading during the boot process. This option is enabled by default, but can be turned off in UEFI / BIOS.

1. Completely shut down your computer.
  2. Power on the system. As soon as the first logo screen appears, immediately press F2 to enter the BIOS.
  3. Use the right arrow key to select Security.
  4. Use the down arrow key to highlight Set Supervisor Password and press Enter.
  5. Create a password and press Enter. Retype the password to confirm and press Enter again.
  6. Use the right arrow key to select Boot.
  7. Press the down arrow key to select Secure Boot and press Enter.
  8. With the arrow key, highlight Disabled and press Enter.
  9. Press the F10 key and select Yes to save the changes and exit the BIOS.
NOTE:: We suggest removing the supervisor password immediately after enabling Secure Boot. If you choose not to remove your supervisor password, make sure you write it down for future use.

Secureboot is a massive bellend! I had same issues when I updated a laptop to windows 10. I had to wipe it then reinstall win 7. Sadly you cannot do that mate, so you're going to need to spin up a VM and use it via that.

Back