Hardware Acer laptop not booting

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I;ve just been given an Acer Acer Aspire Series 3 A315-51 by a relative but it's not booting. I checked in the bios and the hard drives showing up. I then tried Alt + F10 to reinstall windows but I just get "No boot device". If the hard drives knackered how do you reinstall windows on to a new one ?. I read something about using Hirens USB to get into the recovery management, is that right ?

I've took the laptop hard drive out and tried it a caddy via the PC and its showing in device management as 931.51gb unallocated.

Last edited:
It's lost its partion, you need to reinstall Windows via a Usb stick or external DVD drive, alt f10 won't work as drive is showing as un partioned.

any chance of sending me the link. i want to install then upgrade to 10. will i need a serial key could i use the one on the back of the laptop?

Why not try out 'ReactOS' it's a Windows alternative with what seems to be most of the compatibility with windows Applications, best of all it's FREE and takes up only megabytes, not gigabytes.
Ver 4.0 is under dev just now but I've tried it out and it seems quite pucker. They could do with the support too.

Back