access point and recording setup

stevensan36

Inactive User
Reaction score
where do i start i have a wireless router setup and running i have just got a netgear me 102 access point which i would like to put on my dreambox which i persume i link with ethernet cable what i need to know how do i get the access point to link to wireless router once that is done i think i can sort the rest ha ha ??? if there is already a tut for this i do appologise but have not find it possible a step by step guide would be best for me if any one can help thanks in advance ........................

hi 18 views no replys lets try this then i have a access point connected it5 to dreambox through striat cable (dreambox to access point )right how do i configure dreambox to talk to access point then how do i configure access point to talk to wireless router i have read a lot but not getting a grip of it please help thanks

First of all, you need to forget about the dreambox. You need to get the access point talking to the router. As all models of router/access point have different web interfaces, it's very difficult to write a tutorial on setting it up. Refer to the manual or leaflet that came with the device.

You will need to connect the access point to your PC/laptop with an ethernet cable. Access the web interface and configure it the same as the router, i.e. all wireless security, passkeys, structure, wireless channel, etc. All these have to be exactly the same as the router before it will talk to it.

To start with, disable the wireless security on the router and the access point to get it working, then once you're happy it's working, you can turn it back on.

You should have an instruction leaflet or manual with the access point which should tell you how to connect it to the router.

The dreambox is the easy part. In the network setup page, where it says DNS SERVER and DEFAULT GATEWAY, put the ip address of your router in there. Save settings and reboot box and you should be able to connect to the box via PC/laptop ok.

thanks alot pal thats a good pointer in the right direction thanks again

Back