AC Milan set to unveil Ronaldinho

RAB - P

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
AC Milan will introduce new signing Ronaldinho to their fans and the media at 1930 BST at the San Siro stadium.

The Brazil forward, 28, opted to join the Italian giants from Barcelona, rejecting a move to Manchester City.

He underwent a medical in Milan on Wednesday prior to signing a contract that will keep him at the Serie A club to the end of the 2010-11 season.

City had reportedly bid £25.5m for the player, but AC Milan are believed to have paid considerably less for him.

Rossoneri fans snapped up 5,230 season tickets on Wedneday alone, following news of Ronaldinho's imminent arrival.

Manchester City boss Mark Hughes said his disappointment at missing out on the star had been eased by the club's show of ambition.

"We presented our case as well as we possibly could and the fact that we are in there trying to get one of the top players in the world shows where we want to go," he said.

"I don't know the finer details of the negotiations, but the way the Ronaldinho deal was constructed was a little bit different by all accounts to an ordinary deal, so my budget would not have been affected as much as people think."

Reports suggest that Ronaldinho's negotiating team were ultimately uinimpressed by a financial package from City that was heavily weighted with clauses relating to performance, success and marketing.

Hughes added: "Obviously, I am being linked with players that I know and possibly have worked with before and then there are others that agents are trying to move on and place.
"There is a lot of that going on at the moment. It is not my way to divulge who were are going after.

"I will keep them under wraps in case someone jumps in at the last moment, but there is a lot of work going on behind the scenes."

Italian newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport reported that Milan will pay Barcelona just £14.6m for his services, with the figure likely to be increased by performance-related bonuses.

Milan chief executive Adriano Galliani has been in Barcelona for talks with the club and the player for two days.

The two-time Fifa World Player of the Year's time at Barcelona effectively came to an end in June when new manager Pep Guardiola announced the playmaker was surplus to requirements.

Ronaldinho helped Barcelona win back-to-back Spanish league titles (2004-05, 2005-06) and the Champions League in 2006, but failed to cement a regular place in the starting XI last season because of injury and fitness issues.

good signing esp for £££ paid. If ancelotti gets the best out of him, he could be back up there with the likes of ronaldo, messi and kaka..

the only player thats more inconsistant than aiden mcgeady

dont know why barca got rid of him he must have brung them alot of shirt money in

Back