Absolutely DISGUSTED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

elkopite

Inactive User
Reaction score
i don't know if anyone else has noticed this but rather than type my complaint i'll just copy and paste my post to EA Forums.

I know i've put this in general chat, (because of the RANT room removal) please don't move it to the Xbox/console room as i would like to hear everyones opinion on this....

I can't begin to say how absolutely DISGUSTED i am with the developers of EA Sports and EA Customer Service...

i spend between £200 - £300 each year depending on which EA titles are released, i have done this for over 15 years....
i pre ordered Fifa 11 for my XBOX 360, rushed home and started to play using my favourite football team Liverpool, (don't laugh)
whilst playing the game and listening to the commentary, i could hear the trusty fans starting to sing "you'll never walk alone"
thats when i had to stop playing, turn the T.V. up and listen to the words they are actually singing, i could not believe my ears...
The trusty fans weren't singing "walk on, walk on, with hope... in your hearts, and you'll never walk alone, you'll never walk alone"
they were singing "sign on, sign on, with a pen in your hand and you'll never work again, you'll never work again"
UNBELIEVABLE
I know Liverpool are having a bad season, but i really don't need to pay £40 for the privalage of hearing our own fans singing a derogatory song claiming all liverpuddlians are on the dole and "sign on",

i have tried to contact EA Customer Support over this but the unfriendly american told me to post it on the EA Forums,,,, i bet no one gets in touch....i am contacting our local paper over this as this is quite offensive..

Absolutely DISGUSTED.... - Xbox 360 & PS3 Discussion - FIFA 11: EA Forums

all jokes apart, do you, as a football fan find this offensive, to be included in a game were the developers are supposed to be un biased??

over reaction maybe?

it's just a game. the console version and the over-paid mongs kicking a ball around a park.

There's bigger things to worrry about

Thats your opinion mate, and maybe your right but what's next, songs about Hillsborough or Munich, or songs about Steven Gerrards baby or Tevez's burnt neck? where does it stop..
EA have deffinately overstepped the mark..and need to be addressed ..

I think it's hilarious (no offence intended, seriously) but if that really is the case, it's probably a mistake and they recorded the wrong end in the stadium or something. :proud:

Obviously the development team having a joke. Although I think they have probably overstepped the mark slightly, I think you are slightly over-reacting.
This isn't even in the same ballpark as Hillsborough or Munich.

I would say its more for the football section. Football fans get worked up over some odd stuff.
To me its just a game, I understand to some its a way of life. I can sympathise with how you are feeling about it but im afraid ill never understand why

Firstly its a game. Secondly is the chant real and do people sing it at the actual mathches if so do you complain to the broadcasters or ticket agents?

If its realistic and current then theres is nothing wrong with EA including it. It is relevent to the time and should be included at their discretion. The same goes with players hair styles etc.

Maybe it was the opposition teams fans singing their version of the famous liverpool song. I hear Forest fans sing it to some opposing teams when they visit the city ground.

Isee where your coming from as a Liverpool supporter you are offended by this, but is this a song the opposition sing at matches and if so then EA Games have just used official sound recordings instead of creating there own.
Have you also listened to other team supporters chants to see if it is only this chant or weather others have been included in this rant of yours.
If it has offended you then by all means make you feelings known but make sure you dont chant the wrong words in your complaint.

lmao i love the fact they take the piss, just a shame the game sucks this year anyway. fifa 10 was better imho.

ive sold my fifa11 and im off to buy a real football game - pes 2011 (strictly not for noobs as its all manual but suss it and you wont touch fifa this year i promise.)

when ive got it im going to add some custom chants but not just friendly ones, im going to add we all hate leeds scum to the manu chants ect... doesnt annoy me one bit i love the fact they sing that at us lol.

in all seriousness just take it for what it is a jokey chant, if it offends you that much upload your own chant to over right it as fifa has that option now.

job sorted.

Just on a similar note, do you actually go to watch real matches elkopite?

explain "on a similar note"???
and yes i frequently go to the match, but i don't see what relevance that has?

Do you go to the match???

on a similar note = relating to football.

As stated by various others, i was just trying to get the point across, that if you go to real matches, you should be used to the abusive chants?

I thought the idea of the new games was to be as realistic as possible?

The Man-Utd chant has the F-word:

You are my Solskjaer,
my Ole Solskjaer,
You make me happy,
when skies are grey,
Oh Alan Shearer,
was f*ckin dearer,
please don't take,
my Solskjaer away

"Absolutely DISGUSTED" :err:

A little sensitive aren't we mate. :)

Personally I find it rather funny, plus it'll be easily patched if they decide to.

Like someone else said, these are the sounds that you actually WOULD hear in the stadium, so what's the problem?

I think EA just simply got the audio tracks messed up, i am sure thats the shellik version ;)

yeah shellik stole the song from the La's aswell ;)

I can understand it being from your team and nor get much sympathy from others but if it was there team would you give them the same?

Think they will resolve it soon now you and probably other have brought it to their attention.

p.s support Russell Start's fight for the regeneration of the anfield area m8 ;)

Last edited:
little over-reaction i think, i thought the post was going to be about the numerous glitches that are in the game which EA have failed to fix. At the moment i struggle to find an online game where someone isn't attempting to cheat me out of the result some how.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back