Aaaargh.. nagraedit

Kylie's gusset

Inactive User
Reaction score
I had a massive pc problem which meant I had to clear my cmos. Now I cant get nagra running. Symptoms are: port opens fine but the atr string invalid message comes up every time.

All I can think of is I need to change my bios settings but I cant remember what the settings should be. Anyone???

I had a massive pc problem which meant I had to clear my cmos. Now I cant get nagra running. Symptoms are: port opens fine but the atr string invalid message comes up every time.

All I can think of is I need to change my bios settings but I cant remember what the settings should be. Anyone???

Had this before and found i had not connected my serial cable. Surely you have not done the same m8 lol

My best guess is a com port mismatch. nagraedit defaults to com1 and it can be changed in tools/options. Are you plugged into com1? are you sure? try the 2nd com port on the back of the pc ( assuming you have one)
Com port set to 1 in device manager?

Are you running it in windows 98 compatibility mode?

Hi guys, well I have always ran nagra on com2 and it was still set to that. I did try banging it over onto com1 but got the same result. And yes Edcase, it is running in 98 mode.
It's really annoying when something has always worked faultlessly and then just does this. I'm sure I need the pc bios settings in a certain config?

Hi guys, well I have always ran nagra on com2 and it was still set to that. I did try banging it over onto com1 but got the same result. And yes Edcase, it is running in 98 mode.
It's really annoying when something has always worked faultlessly and then just does this. I'm sure I need the pc bios settings in a certain config?

set it to ECP+EPP which i'm sure is a standard setting for the parallel port mode

set it to ECP+EPP which i'm sure is a standard setting for the parallel port mode

By that i assume you mean bi directional? .. well I have now tried every port setting and still no joy:(

Getting a bit desperate here now. Anyone else any idea's?

Absolutely nothing to do with BIOS. When Nagra opens, it sets the com port itself.It doesn't check if it's talking to the right com port, and if that is the case, it returns ATR String Invalid...... bit of a bug really, but that's the way it is.
Actually, my Infinity USB Phoenix failed a few days ago, giving exactly the same answer...Bloody threw me for ages, I thought my moscs had all died :(

So what are you saying the answer is m8? ... I'm even more confused now!:(
I have also changed the serial lead to check that was ok but it seems fine.

Check your progger settings m8
If thet are wrong then that will give you invalid atr
Should be pheonix mode and 3.68mhz

Back