AA Con

dunc

Inactive User
Reaction score
Just found out AA don't refund any of your money if you try to stop the service.
I no longer require breakdown cover but have been told no refund after 14 days since I have about 8 months left think this is shite. Where else do you pay for a service you don't intend to use. Even the government refund road tax pro rata.
If any of you are thinking about joining the AA read their small print....carefully.
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

hiya m8 , i was paying in monthly instalments to the AA of 9 quid then thay started to take £64.12 a month out off my account with out my consent , thay took 3 payments , this will teach me a lesson to check my bank statements . when i phoned them to complain thay said i could have MY MONEY back at the end off the month and that was that , mnn this pissed me of bit , so decided to phone my bank the halifax and tell them , m8 thay got my money back in 2 days . i would never join the AA . and you can tell that to a friend .LOL

i've had AA insurance car and home and breakdown cover for 4 years now.
never had a breakdown/break in or accident. but they have always taken the correct money at the correct time.
as for no partial refunds on breakdown cover - that is a bit rich considering they set a limit on the number of call outs you can make in a year and if you exceed that you have to pay them pro-rata. mind you if you was calling them out to ya car that often then it might be time to think about an AA car loan LOL.
one of the things that really p*** me off about the AA is that they phone me at home and work to try to sell me additional services and it really gets on my ******* nerves.
thats about it from me! on the AA

i was with the AA 16 years, never missed a payment then I got it for my Mum.
she was coming to vist and to see our new baby just born, and she said she would be setting off at 6.30am I know it only takes at most 3 hours to get here.after six hours i was getting worried so phone the police to see if my mum had had a crash not that thay know of, then the AA to see if she had broke down, they said they could not tell me even if she had. And you see adverts woman on her own, we will tell your family if you brake down, we will let people know your safe, 7 hours later many calls to the police, they phoned the AA for me and was told she broke down and was on a flat bed on her way here and the AA was bringing her.
When I went into one of the head offices for the AA all they said was it was a mistake and they are sorry for the mix up. I would never use them ever again, the only good thing was on that day I become a Dad to a lovely little girl who is 14 now, Im not in the AA and I have only broke down twice lol

The AA are a bit slow to make refunds i had two policies with them and had to cancel one so normal blah blah blah you will get a refund ect... a month later no refund so rang them up to ask why was told they would use the refund to ofset my renewal on the other policy which was up for renewal 7 or 8 months later that really take the p**S

Back