A test file, TM600

digidude

Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
Reaction score
Attached is an image ive made just to test, it has no cams at the moment, nor the ability to add them yet, its just FTA for now, but, if a few of you could check some of the FTA channels that had widescreen issues, id appreciate it

this image WILL wipe all of your current settings, including C: lines and N: lines, please create a backup before using, as this is FTA ONLY

tia

dd

Last edited:
Brilliant work m8, its fixed the wide screen problem on my tv, CBS Action was one of the worst for me could only see the word action on the logo but now can see it all with aprox half inch space to end of screen

Cheers Derek

before I test I am assuming this will also work on TM500S and has miniweb etc so I can reload old image after?

Just remembered I can ftp the flash..

Last edited:
Widescreen issued fixed with this, love the boot image... Didnt test anything else... Gone back to old image for now (4-7-10)

Last edited:
Great to see a bug that was actually fixed in the TM600 :Clap:

this is an image ive been playing with in my spare time, as well as learning more about the compiling process. I can create the same image for 500, 600, 500 super, 9100 and 9100 super, but at the moment, only FTA.

Im awaiting some files to add EMU support, and download managers, but, i can create a test file for the 500 if youd like me to

Great to see a bug that was actually fixed in the TM600 :Clap:

Absolutely! the irony is though is that it took digidude to do it, where it seems URTEAM were not able to.

pat on the back from me digi m8..:Clap::Clap::Clap:

but the UR image is capable of doing a LOT more than this FTA image that ive been playing with

the wierd thing is though, the files i have came from the same source as the UR files

Is there a UR team Digdude mate, or is it someone messing about with things?
There seems to be no real contact available with UR team anymore, just contact via TM which makes you wonder if there is such a thing as UR anymore.
Keep up the good work mate, TM should be paying you for all this hard work you put in but I know they don't.

Last edited by a moderator:
well i pretend to know even the slightest thing about it m8 but i reckon if you can fix the widescreen bug, why cant they, is it as simple as deleting the existing display properties of the image and replacing with the one you have? i'd guess not as if it were you'd have done it already yeH...

this is an image ive been playing with in my spare time, as well as learning more about the compiling process. I can create the same image for 500, 600, 500 super, 9100 and 9100 super, but at the moment, only FTA.

Im awaiting some files to add EMU support, and download managers, but, i can create a test file for the 500 if youd like me to

THIS IS NOT A PUT DOWN ON YOU DIDIDUDE!!! OK MATE!!!
But how the **** can you do this and UR can't....what the **** are ur playing at??????????????????????????? FFS UR/TM you need to sort the job out asap.......OR pay digdude

THIS IS NOT A PUT DOWN ON YOU DIDIDUDE!!! OK MATE!!!
But how the **** can you do this and UR can't....what the **** are ur playing at??????????????????????????? FFS UR/TM you need to sort the job out asap.......OR pay digdude

Ive used files that UR gave me access to from the official CVS, id gladly swap all of my changes for the code that makes their download manager and EMU manager work, which ive been asking for for about 2 months

TBH i think TM need to rethink their 'support' and get somebody with the enthusiasm to create an image, instead of what looks like a half hearted attempt to just 'get things working'

for the 500/600

DS team have images
Gemini have images
im sure there was an EDG beta
im starting to look into a DW one

for the TM800

DS team want to make an image (ive heard)
same with EDG
the team behind the brilliant 9100 andromeda image want to
DW wants to make a proper one

DW has created a modified UR image
HDF team has created a modified UR image

so its not an issue of lack of interest in the machines thats holding them back, but the attitude of the main 'support' team behind them

look at the Vix team for the Vu+ receivers, ~ 6 weeks, in their spare time

As I said before, TM should hire EDG to support theirs receivers, the beta firmware for the TM600 is really good, but it has bugs. What I like most in EDG firmwares is the possibility to restart the softcam and view hops and ecms times in the web interface, it is very useful for testing peers, another thing it is missing from the UR firmwares, is the possibility to view hops and ecms times in the skins.

If TM send some technomate receivers to EDG and Pli teams as gifts, I think they would support it.

EDG and Pli would make a better job than UR and DS, by far.

isn't the Gemini image done by UR, and just a port form their proper images, can't imagine Gemini giving TM any support ;P

The Gemini image is a port of a dreambox image, thats why it doesnt support the USB ports on the TM600 etc..

Of the teams mentioned EDG is the only one thats any good. DS team are crap i've seen there TM500/600 images,...theyre worse than UR images.

Good that the widescreen thing is fixed.. Good work..it's laughable that UR couldnt do it or couldnt be bothered to do it.

I would consider buying a TM500/600 now if the CCAM 2.1.4 server compatibility gets fixed as well. Does Rytec EPG plugin work on TM500/600 ? Thats the other thing thats needed a good EPG.
If this was the case they would be comparable in functionailty to a cheap 50 quid DM500 clone which are generally very relaible and well supported.

thanks for at least prooving a fix is possible - last I heard the UR team seemed to be implyign the widescreen bug was down to either lots of users haveign the "wrong" type of tv or being morons who couldnt set it up properly

thanks for at least prooving a fix is possible - last I heard the UR team seemed to be implyign the widescreen bug was down to either lots of users haveign the "wrong" type of tv or being morons who couldnt set it up properly

Did UR really claim that ? That would indeed be a p1sstake, we expect that sort of behaviour from Darkman and his crew not TM/UR.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Did UR really claim that ? That would indeed be a p1sstake, we expect that sort of behaviour from Darkman and his crew not TM/UR.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Don't remember UR saying it but alot of people have, mainly because it only seems to effect certain TV's and also people using older UR images wouldn't have the issue as it was a bug created by UR, images from before last July "ish" didn't have the widescreen isuue.

Back