A rant if I may.

Captin

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
What's up with all the idiots driving with no lights on.

I'ts getting much worse since the inclusion of LED lighting.

I was driving down the M56 the other day and it was absolutely hissing down, yet there was lots of cars with no back lights on.

I get that most cars these days have automatic lighting, mine does, but I can see the rain and I can see my lights are NOT on so I switch to manual and put them on.

I also get that people see their LED lights and assume that they are enough in bad conditions, and some people forget that some cars only have LED lights on the front.

The police are always tweeting that if your wipers are on then so should your headlights, and to me it's common sense.

Opinions?

I think people dont understand that the day time run lights are not on at the back. I think its shite and i recon that you should have the option to turn them off and on but they should come on at the back when they are on at the front.

As they say ( to see and be seen).
I am one of the older drivers, (taught to drive while in the mob) Like to see were I am going, also like people at the back of me (to see me.

Den

Many year ago I bought a brand new Citroen BX (remember them) and for a while I kept forgetting to switch on the headlights at night because every car I'd had before it relied on the outside lights being on to illuminate the dash. Therefore it was soon clear enough that you had no lights on as soon as you looked at the instruments. But the BX dash (and every other car since, it would appear) lit up like a xmas tree with the ignition, not with the lights.
It really would not be difficult for the makers to have the rear lights come on with the wipers, would it?

Agree 100%, they need to be pulled for driving without due care and attention in my opinion.
I think lights should be on at all times.

As they say ( to see and be seen).
I am one of the older drivers, (taught to drive while in the mob) Like to see were I am going, also like people at the back of me (to see me.

Den

Agree. The whole point of putting your lights on during the day is not only to see better in adverse weather, but to let others see you!!! It really grinds my gears when people just think because it's daytime, there's no need to have your lights on.

And whilst on the subject, people who put their fog lights on during foggy days..... commendable. Not switching their rear light off when a vehicle is close behind..... indefensible!!! You put it on so that vehicles that are far behind know that there's vehicles in front! Burning their retinas out once they are behind you? Catch a fecking grip!!!

And relax snap.... 😂

Back