A Rant About Myself

sfuk

Inactive User
Reaction score
Ok Guys

I stand before you as a result of being told my fortune. I have been giving ****** Media crap over their internet speeds for sometime now. Despite tech telling me I am on 4 meg and me being stupid enough to beleive them I have finally been prooved wrong. And it was the knowledge gained from a bearded dude called rob that has enlightened me.

After giving me settings to put into windows and about 5 minutes of silence I have been victorious.

I have a blazing hot internet connection at full whack.

Im a Twat

Are you the dude who i thought was confused with bits/bytes?

lol
don`t be so hard on yourself mate,
they just don`t tell you the secret to getting the top speeds tbh
will you tell though , that is the question

yes im the dude and yes i know the difference between bits and bytes. And thankx for your comment Nok1

Sure

Network Settings > Delete QoS
Network card settings > Set to Full duplex / Half Duplex
Click here
Download TCP Optimiser
Install TCP Optimiser
Set to the speed of your connection.
Let it do the rest.

So what speed are you getting now?

The ****** site still says the only packages are 2/4/20.

You were arguing on your orignal thead about being on 10 meg.

Arrrgggghhhh

****** media are giving me 987k connection when i subscrive to 10 meg.

Im getting seriously pissed.

As i said, 987k (Kilobytes) per seond would be correct for 10 meg.

in general I have found that people who download and install things with the word "optimiser" in the title shouldn't really be allowed a computer - but your young - maybe you'll learn - I await your "my computer is full of spyware" post with anticipation lol

on ****** (wtf - the company formerly known as *** is a banned word?) it is not necessary to alter any settings in any standard version of an MS OS from 98se upwards to get maximium speed - unless of course you have a net connection which is roughly the speed of your nic - in this case bin that ISA card and put in a PCI nic lol

on NO account install any "optimiser" - ever - at all - even if it appears in the form of a popup every 32 seconds

I tend to agree with Wonko, I've tried many of the reputable tweakers/optimisers, (for experimental purposes) and none of them make a blind bit of difference...

You shouldn't ever need to tweak any settings to just get your standard speed/s on a normal BB connection...

Back