• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

A Rant About Myself

sfuk

Inactive User
Ok Guys

I stand before you as a result of being told my fortune. I have been giving ****** Media crap over their internet speeds for sometime now. Despite tech telling me I am on 4 meg and me being stupid enough to beleive them I have finally been prooved wrong. And it was the knowledge gained from a bearded dude called rob that has enlightened me.

After giving me settings to put into windows and about 5 minutes of silence I have been victorious.

I have a blazing hot internet connection at full whack.

Im a Twat

nok1

Member +
lol
don`t be so hard on yourself mate,
they just don`t tell you the secret to getting the top speeds tbh
will you tell though , that is the question

sfuk

Inactive User
yes im the dude and yes i know the difference between bits and bytes. And thankx for your comment Nok1

Sure

Network Settings > Delete QoS
Network card settings > Set to Full duplex / Half Duplex
Click
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Download TCP Optimiser
Install TCP Optimiser
Set to the speed of your connection.
Let it do the rest.

So what speed are you getting now?

The ****** site still says the only packages are 2/4/20.

You were arguing on your orignal thead about being on 10 meg.

Arrrgggghhhh

****** media are giving me 987k connection when i subscrive to 10 meg.

Im getting seriously pissed.
As i said, 987k (Kilobytes) per seond would be correct for 10 meg.

wonko

Inactive User
in general I have found that people who download and install things with the word "optimiser" in the title shouldn't really be allowed a computer - but your young - maybe you'll learn - I await your "my computer is full of spyware" post with anticipation lol

on ****** (wtf - the company formerly known as *** is a banned word?) it is not necessary to alter any settings in any standard version of an MS OS from 98se upwards to get maximium speed - unless of course you have a net connection which is roughly the speed of your nic - in this case bin that ISA card and put in a PCI nic lol

on NO account install any "optimiser" - ever - at all - even if it appears in the form of a popup every 32 seconds

Dazza

Inactive User
I tend to agree with Wonko, I've tried many of the reputable tweakers/optimisers, (for experimental purposes) and none of them make a blind bit of difference...

You shouldn't ever need to tweak any settings to just get your standard speed/s on a normal BB connection...