Network Provider A little problem with txt messages

Satz

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hey i got a three sim on contract i put it in my 8600 fone and i don’t think it is a 3g fone but it works perfect but i seem to have a problem with text messages. The majority of txt i receive are fine except for one of certain people (maybe its the network they on) but it takes ages to receive the message and it goes *some text missing* so i don’t receive it properly anyone had this problem or any solutions

doesnt matter what network are 3g are not if its a plain text you should recive it however if its video are giff jpeg gps mp4 etc etc your phone might not be compatible with the format your friends sending the file in.

ps he could just be taking the piss and sending you the error message him self lol :proud:

Text messages have a charactar limit of 160 chars, long text messages are composed of several standard text messages along with some hidden instructions on how to combine them, order etc...

If the person is sending you a long message, the *some text missing* is usually displayed if the other messages that make up the whole message havent been received yet then it will display that :)

Usually if some of the messages are delayed, once they are received it automatically updates, however sometimes it will keep saying that because there is a time limit it will wait also sometimes the other messages dont ever come through :) this is a combination of your own network, the other persons network and their phone.

hey thanks for the feed back guys no the person aint doing it as aprank but it seems to be what c9679 said of the message being delayed.

Hey i got a three sim on contract i put it in my 8600 fone and i don’t think it is a 3g fone but it works perfect but i seem to have a problem with text messages. The majority of txt i receive are fine except for one of certain people (maybe its the network they on) but it takes ages to receive the message and it goes *some text missing* so i don’t receive it properly anyone had this problem or any solutions

my sister had this exact same problem with her txts. Never found a solution for it, the message also did not update to what should have been. She changed to Orange when her contract was up. I believe its a problem only on 3G.

Back