A levels A+++++

dar1437

Worldz Biggest Oddball
VIP Member
Reaction score
I think i'm correct in saying that nowadays there seem to be rediculous amounts of people passing with flying colours?

Has something changed in the format? I refuse to believe that everyone is getting cleverer.

I remember in the 80's when i was failing my CSE's :) it all came down to the exam at the end, i seem to remember not long after some people didn't think it was fair (some people lockup under the stress of the exam?) and so they changed the format and a large percentage of the mark came from the term work you had produced that year.

Has something similar happened with A levels or am i posting nonsence yet again? lol ;)

I agree far to many passes etc every year its a new record.. I feel sorry for my lad who started high school last year, gcse's will be worthless as will a levels in a couple more years.

I think a lot is due to the fact they use course work for marks and they can get 2/3 passes per subject now really is strange!!!

I think that they need to increase the difficulty of the exams or possibly change the whole system altogether. On paper I'm more intelligent than my Dad, and he's more intelligent than his Dad. When in truth it is just that I am more capable of passing an exam, and less capable of fixing a car, growing vegetables etc, etc.
The exams used to be a way of seperating the Wheat from the Chaff but with everyone getting high(ish) passes employers are moving back towards apprentiships and interviewing to select better candidates.
Just my thoughts on the matter anyway.
Wizbit77

Speaking to several teachers, they will admit exams are getting easier and teaching methods changes to increase grades without not actually getting any better education.

Also I believe A levels are on their way out over the next couple of years to fall in line with european wide qualifications.

Back