A general call for Help (Image Building)

k-net2020

Inactive User
Reaction score
A general call for Help (Image Building) ***Mods - pls make sticky for a few days ***

Hi all, this is a request for help building an image (to be tested) a few people are having some trouble setting up Neutrino (in terms of recieving all channels etc) and we would like to be able to supply good quality images for dw users that can also serve as a good base for further development.

Most of the users here are happy with Gemini images and we'll probably have no shortage of users who can keep this upto date so to speak. What we are looking to do is get a Neutrino + Gemini + OTHER with a selection of c#%~s and also a Bruteforce scan option, and some other plugins as deemed useful, we want to test and develop these releases and will ensure it's put through it's paces before it's released to the DW community. This will also apply to a Gemini (AN OTHER) image (probably based on the 2.50) but we'll need to obtain a broad range of opinion on what to include so it works for the widest number of users. Therefore I am making a request for some help off those users on here who are comfortable installing c#%~s and plugins like aka Satchmo & cyber2k1 are 2 names that spring to mind.

We are happy for help from any member who feels they can offer something but we do ask that you have a good knowledge of the images and software etc as we need people who can hit the ground running (sorry no newbies)

Please PM me if you think you can help and we'll set the ball in motion.

Last edited:
@knet i 'm sure i still have the bruteforce scan files for neutrino i'll upload them when i get back from the bairns party

k-net2020 said:
Hi all, this is a request for help building an image (to be tested) a few people are having some trouble setting up Neutrino (in terms of recieving all channels etc) and we would like to be able to supply good quality images for dw users that can also serve as a good base for further development.

Most of the users here are happy with Gemini images and we'll probably have no shortage of users who can keep this upto date so to speak. What we are looking to do is get a Neutrino + Gemini + OTHER with a selection of c#%~s and also a Bruteforce scan option, and some other plugins as deemed useful, we want to test and develop these releases and will ensure it's put through it's paces before it's released to the DW community. This will also apply to a Gemini (AN OTHER) image (probably based on the 2.50) but we'll need to obtain a broad range of opinion on what to include so it works for the widest number of users. Therefore I am making a request for some help off those users on here who are comfortable installing c#%~s and plugins like aka Satchmo & cyber2k1 are 2 names that spring to mind.

We are happy for help from any member who feels they can offer something but we do ask that you have a good knowledge of the images and software etc as we need people who can hit the ground running (sorry no newbies)

Please PM me if you think you can help and we'll set the ball in motion.

Prehaps a seperate section for "Testing and Development" would come in handy, similar to what we have in the DBOX2 forum but dedicated purely to the Dreambox 500. Would that be any use?

And you can count me in for any help you might need in Image building (cant test as dont have the hardware to do it yet lol)

I'm pretty sure that if we could get a line of images being produced on a regular basis, which are continually improved and based on user feedback, then World of Digital is likely to become a vital source for Dreambox information and help; and the user base for this section would certainly DOUBLE (if not, MORE!) in my opinion.

Liam

liamcrayden said:
Prehaps a seperate section for "Testing and Development" would come in handy, similar to what we have in the DBOX2 forum but dedicated purely to the Dreambox 500. Would that be any use?

This would be useful, I have a Gemini + Evo 1.03 DUMP ready to up, was going to post to dbox testing and development but I'll hang fire.

liamcrayden said:
What modifications have you made to the image m8? :)

None it was simply a dump so those so inclined (and without dreambox) can look at the files and make comparisons to dbox images etc.

Going to do Neutrino / Hydra and the official DM image before I start playing with modding. Problem I have come across is that Windows doesn't like the shorcuts in the images it seems to loop them via FTP but I think I managed to get most files included.

Correct...windows does loop the shortcuts....but a dump of the folder still gives the files needed to be modded. Liam ask for files from specific folders and i have given them to him like this.

k-net can you post it in the dbox testing & development section for me to have a look at whilst im waiting for dreambox?

Back