A few questions (again)

jonnyair2

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have spent a good while searching and learning about a sat setup on this and other forums. I know (or think i do) how to setup a basic system now that will recieve uk fta channels. What i want to know (and cant seem to find out) is, using a dm500s clone, without card sharing what can i expect to pickup in the way of premier league football?
Will a 80cm motorised dish cut it or what size is needed?
Can some non fta channels/sats be cleared by software tricks (emus, patches etc) alone as with the spiderbox?
If so, which ones?
Hope this doesn't come across as asking to be spoonfed as i know that gets some peoples back up.:)

I have spent a good while searching and learning about a sat setup on this and other forums. I know (or think i do) how to setup a basic system now that will recieve uk fta channels. What i want to know (and cant seem to find out) is, using a dm500s clone, without card sharing what can i expect to pickup in the way of premier league football?
Will a 80cm motorised dish cut it or what size is needed?
Can some non fta channels/sats be cleared by software tricks (emus, patches etc) alone as with the spiderbox?
If so, which ones?
Hope this doesn't come across as asking to be spoonfed as i know that gets some peoples back up.:)
I think you can get 1west, but thats due to go to N3 soon, so wont be around too long. SO you will get the FTA channels unless you can get a CS setup. DOnt know much about the other sats, but I was looking at getting a tring card as this has all the football on it next season, but I am not sure which sat it comes from myself.

I'll have a little search on that tring ting in a mo'. Any clues on the dish size relation to channels? Considering a 100cm now but dont wanna have to start getting planning permission, i'd better check out the max size allowed without fuss.
Cheers.
Update: I've had a search and from tringsat, which i assume is the official home of the tring card? You talking about the supersport card i guess. Bloody expensive £235, might as well get sky for that sort of price, with their half price offer i'll get the full hd package (movies+sports) and phone/broadband for £40 p/m so £480 for the year. With a dish costing around £140 and hassle or cost of install, it dont seem worth going for the supersport. The search continues...

Last edited:
Noob alert!! I dont know how to pm. Doesnt seem to be an option to do it, otherwise i probably wouldve been blacklisted/banned/banished already for bombarding digidude with endless questions.:err:

I'll have a little search on that tring ting in a mo'. Any clues on the dish size relation to channels? Considering a 100cm now but dont wanna have to start getting planning permission, i'd better check out the max size allowed without fuss.
Cheers.
Update: I've had a search and from tringsat, which i assume is the official home of the tring card? You talking about the supersport card i guess. Bloody expensive £235, might as well get sky for that sort of price, with their half price offer i'll get the full hd package (movies+sports) and phone/broadband for £40 p/m so £480 for the year. With a dish costing around £140 and hassle or cost of install, it dont seem worth going for the supersport. The search continues...

Hi mate, i think you are getting mixed up tringsat is just shop that sells cards/recievers there is no official relationship to Tring the provider. Also you are looking at the digitalb supersport card this is another provider on the same satellite as Tring (Eutelsat 16e.)

Either way you are still looking at about 180ukp for a Tring card so by the time you have added the equipment it will be costing you either the same or more than a uk provider subscription, best to use the excuse its a hobby mate to justify the money we all spend..

Si

Last edited:
If i can get hold of the card for £180 then that changes things. Already got my little open media dm500 clone (more than paid for itself on the cable) which has got the sat tuner onboard, so its just getting a decent dish (might as well get a good motorised one now to avoid future upgrades) and plonking it on the wall. Should be able to do it for around £350. Then get net from virgin for another £200 or so a year is it? Dont cost much more but will have more versatile equipment allowing lots of tinkering and learning in the future, plus a better/more useful broadband. Mmmm, now if i can only just get my pm's working, i may be able to get a few links off people. And yes, i have enabled pm in my control panel, just dont ever see the option to pm anywhere when reading posts.

Back