a few ntl 120 questions

everlastuk

Inactive User
Reaction score
hey guys,
i gotta few questions i was hoping i cud get answered:

1) i can get my hands on a ntl 120 modem but am not sure if its been updated with the latest firmware, is there anyway of finding out before i buy it?
2) also wots the chances its been updated are they high?
3) is it worth cloning a ntl 120 box? or are they outdated and only worth doing surfboards?
4) wot wud be the highest speed i can acheive on it, is it 3mb?

sorry for soo many questions guys hope i can get sum gud feedback
thank u very much

1)You could ask them when was it last used. Any less than 2 months it probably boloxed.

2)probably not been updated if they don't know how to clone.
They've probably had it in the grage or the loft for months.Unless it's someone from on here who's feed up with there clone.
3)It's not worth it!!! a 200ambit would be better,but still not that good. It will only stay on for a few hours and then you have to reboot or wait a while to get it back on. I got a surfboard with just a 120 mac on it. It's been on all week no trouble although it isn't going ten meg like it should.
4) speed ??? I had an ambit with that should have been ten meg. The best it got was 4.5mb(i felt cheated!!!??)

a 120 will get updated no matter what you do.
Now a load of people are gonna start talking about pin 11 shite!!
That's a bit like area 52.
A load of old bl*ll*cks.
Surfboards Rule!!

thanx for the response mate so which surfboard wud be worth going for? i reckon i got the very very old surfboard in my loft somehwere cant exactly remember which model its the very first one that came out wen broadband was introduced, wud that be any gud? or wud i need to go for a newer surfboard? and is a surfboard just as easy to clone? damn this is so confusing so which do i go for :S

thanx

name750 said:
1)You could ask them when was it last used. Any less than 2 months it probably boloxed.

2)probably not been updated if they don't know how to clone.
They've probably had it in the grage or the loft for months.Unless it's someone from on here who's feed up with there clone.
3)It's not worth it!!! a 200ambit would be better,but still not that good. It will only stay on for a few hours and then you have to reboot or wait a while to get it back on. I got a surfboard with just a 120 mac on it. It's been on all week no trouble although it isn't going ten meg like it should.
4) speed ??? I had an ambit with that should have been ten meg. The best it got was 4.5mb(i felt cheated!!!??)

a 120 will get updated no matter what you do.
Now a load of people are gonna start talking about pin 11 shite!!
That's a bit like area 52.
A load of old bl*ll*cks.
Surfboards Rule!!

everlastuk said:
and is a surfboard just as easy to clone? damn this is so confusing so which do i go for :S

thanx
name750 said:
1)
Surfboards Rule!!
http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61343

name750 said:
I followed the tut exactly.
I must have done it four or five times.
each time you do the telnet thing it seems to mess the modem up and you need to reflash it.
I just got the original moto firmware and just stuck a 120 mac on it cos i give up for a while.
Surfboards maybe aint so easy ???

am so confused so wots my best option? come on guys someone helpme out here plzzzz

thanx

Find the one in the loft first and see what that is?
I've read all there is to read on surfboards but only got a sb5100e
they all say the sb4*** are the easyest cos you can do it all though ethernet so long as you do it right first time.
Just hang around for a while and you'll get to undestand a bit more.
The one in the loft sounds favorite if it can me done.
It's free aint it.
see i was right about what they would be selling on ebay
how long is it since that ones been online.
oh yeah if you find my jumper with the reindeer on it can you bring it down??

i think its either the SB3100 or SB4100 the 2 modems do look quiet similar ill just have to dig it out tomorow but is there much of a difference in cloning em? or are they both done the same way.

thanks

looks like i cant find the sb3100 in the loft so gonna stick wit the ntl120
but i need assurance guys to go for it, too confused

Back