A few newbie questions!

niteflite01

Inactive User
Reaction score
Firstly, hello to everyone. I'm new around these parts, but am a long time listener first time caller. I have a Sagem Dbox2 and run Sportster 1.7uk04. I bought it pre-loaded and pre-set up from a chap on e-bay.

Anyway....I wonder if anyone could be really kind and answer these couple of questions and problems I have.

Firstly, and my main problem, every so often, a few times a day, some channels will go black. The EPG remains correct for the channel but the sound and picture vanishes. The only way to restore it is to restart evocamd on the box, using the Sportster menu.

Does anyone have a fix or reason for this please?

Also, a more general question, how long do you think it will be until the cable providers start to clamp down on the usage of these boxes, or do something to the feed to render them unusable?

Having only had my box for 3 days now, I can't believe how superb it is :D

Many thanks!

Try gav's fix for freezing.
See his post 'Freezing problem fixed'
Its about unplugging the telephone modem,(thats not used anyway in UK)
Its easy and has solved a lot of freezing/black screens for me.
Hope it helps u as much as it helped me! :)
Dont be daunted about taking the cover off, its not as daunting as some may think!

Ah thanks very much. I'm a little scared of breaking the thing but I'll give it a go.

The modem board just slides out does it?

Many thanks once again.

Yes, on mine(Sagem) the modem is a square circuit board about 4"x4". U cant miss it, its raised above the actual mother board and is connected to the 'telefon' socket on the back of the box. From the small modem u see a small ribbon cable that connects to the main mother board, just unplug this and replace the cover.
just be careful unplugging it, i eased mine out of the motherboard with a small flat head screwdriver easing on each side bit by bit, till it was free.
Good Luck. Hope it works mate.

jus try gave latest image mate and u should be fine

Okey dokey, I've just opened up my box (It's a 1x Intel box) and the kind bloke I bought it from has already unplugged the modem from the main board.....

Is it worth me upgrading the image of the board, do you think that'll get rid of the pesky black screen problem?

I think i will try a new image. i've been trying the box all day, and it seems not to be crashing as much(about once an hour),with the modem unplugged. it still gives the black screen.

this was happening to me both gav12345 and liamcrayden suggested i reflash ,which i did and i had no problem box ran fine

So a simple flash will cure it, no need to install or add anything else?

B4 u reflash try changing Ucodes, it worked for me,(just about, only crashes about once a day so far.)

Back