A few ideas

edcase

Inactive User
Reaction score
Caution, the contents of this post may very well bore you

With the introduction of teleport, all of the out of area boxes (running ntl Cr1 and Cr2) have died, including one of mine. However I still have the 4 chip simm, so when I get some dumps my box will be up and running again. I know this is not the case for many people as they will only have 1b simms (or ex 4chip simms with the attys removed).....

Anyway, I remebered reading a long time ago that the alternative no-update mod for a 1000 was to run 1b atty dumps on the main board the box (CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG, AS I CANT FIND REFERENCE TO IT). I dont know if whether with this mod you could run a 2 chip simm (as per the 1b) or if the box still required a 4 chip simm....

So back to the point, I guess, following that logic, that it might be possible to put CR4 dumps from a 1010t into a straight 1000 and run it with a 2 chip simm (only obvious flaw is that the box wouldnt take future updates).
I might be talking complete balls, but its just a thought.

Also shouldnt it be possible (in theory) to be able to write to the atmels via the simm, I have no idea how you would go about this, and I imagine it would be very complicated.

edcase

the box wont work m8, {you will need 4 atmels to run cr4}----the older software {excludeing excwcr3} allowed you to run it with 2 atmels

all the loopholes on the older software are getting plugged with the new updates

I know what your saying benny, it doesnt really affect me though as I have a 4 chip simm ready to go back in, It was just a thought,

So out of interest, did the 1000 boxes that were using 10001b dumps on the MAIN BOARD have to use a 4 chip simm or not?

edcase

i think it was the ph1b box's runing on 1000 dumps m8 {never heard of anyone getting ph1b dumps working on a 1000, unless someone else knows otherwise}

Maybe I was confused to begin with then, as I cannot find reference to it now.

Cheers for the replys anyway benny

edcase

hi
i am in the prosses of having some 4 chip simms made up with test simm flashes on them and a jumper where the mod is
pm me if your interested
regards

mentholflash01 said:
hi
i am in the prosses of having some 4 chip simms made up with test simm flashes on them and a jumper where the mod is
pm me if your interested
regards

dont see what the point is here m8, {are you sure a testsimm will work on cr4}----dont think it will myself m8---------im assumeing you want to run the software off the simm

hi mate
4 chip simm will work and the 2 atties can be erased to work but can be used as a test sim if needed just will be old as a test simm
but you cant just buy 4 chip simms and you can this a lot of ppl had no update done
regards

Back