A Few Clones Have Gone Down All With A Very Strange Problem.... (Ambits only)

stickybuds

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi, I use a surfboard 4100 and am having no problems at all...

But i know of at least 3 people with clones that have lost there connection, I have seen 2 of them personaly and i am confused as i have never seen anything like it.

On 1 of the 1's i have seen it went off somtime between 12 midnight and 7 am yesterday. The power light is normal and just on all the time and the D/S, Rdy, and Sync lights just flash in sequence all the time whit the cable feed connected, if i disconnect the cable feed the Rdy, and Sync lights still flash in sequence as before but the D/S light flashes fast like it normally does with no cable feed but normaly with no feed the RDY, and SYNC should be unlit. I also cannot get in to the 192.168.100.1 diag page with or with out cable feed in or with my ip set to automaticly obtain ip or set manualy to 192.168.100.2. This modem has taken the new firmware but the mac is still working because its written on the bottom of the modem and i have tested it on my sufrboard and it works find and it says on my surfboard 192..... page that the isp default config is - cmreg-ntlhm120-bund03.cm. So the original mac that the clone is using is upgraded to 10 meg

The second 1 i have seen is even stranger but went off at the same time. Same Gateway diffrent house.

The power light is normal and always on. But the other lights all the way across (USB, ENET, U/S, D/S, RDY, and SYNC) are all flashing but not in sequence its all at the same time?? Also the 192.... page of the modem will not work same as the other 1. I am unsure if this modem has updated or old firmware but i have tested the mac on my surfboard and it is working fine but still on a High config as default from isp.

I am in a Pure NTL area (teesside)

I was checking this and other forums all day yesterday for people with the same problem but have not found a single post? maybe people affected by this have no subb so can't get on the net to ask whats going on?

Any help or ideas about what has happened to these modems would be great cos i just havn't got a clue.

if it wud help i could make a short clip of what the lights are doing and post it as an attachment as i'm not sure i have explained clearly, i have done a lot of modems (ambit and SB's) so i know all the normal sequences the lights go in and both of these shouldn't happen.

Cheers

dont quote me on this but i have been told that the ambit modems are unable to take the 10mg configs? as i said dont qoute me on this.

Hi
Could it be their server has gone down
have u tried the surfboard over there
or the abit at yours
They do go down and offer a refund only if its 24hr+
If its down that long u could phone em up
Believe it or not they will tell u if your server is down
But u wait on phone 4 ever 4 that lol
As 4 what rct said hes wrong
Everyone is being upgraded as of 8th nov
Slowly but surely
The only modem that wont get 10mb is teryon
But they as it will get upgrade to 6-7mb

rct said:
dont quote me on this but i have been told that the ambit modems are unable to take the 10mg configs? as i said dont qoute me on this.

Ambits will be on 10MB but you will have to wait till your 3MB is upgraded (customer calls up and agrees)!!! They will all be done before the end of the year auto (10MB)!!!!

Yes all ambits are capable of 10 meg and there is no problem with the ntl server as i have test SB where the ambit used to be working and i have taken the ambit home and tested it there where my suftboard id fine and the ambits still the same.

As 4 what rct said hes wrong

as i said dont quote me.(thanks for putting me right guys)

exaxtly the same has happened to a friend of mine all her modem lights or flashing after a power outage

the ambits can take 10mbit like l33tplay3r like is hte 1mbit being upped ot 10mbit m8? free of charge like the 300k-1mbit was?

b3nnyb0y said:
the ambits can take 10mbit like l33tplay3r like is hte 1mbit being upped ot 10mbit m8? free of charge like the 300k-1mbit was?

Yes m8 going from what i seen it wont be untill 2007 for all NTHELL modems.

I have had the same problem today (coventry) and so has my m8 who lives a couple of miles away. I tried powering off the modem but get the same thing all the lights except power blink at once.

I have connected a spare modem and I am back in bussiness but I think NTL are up to something...

One of my friend (west yorkshire) also had the same problem last night.

i got the same prob here in swindon nthell started flashing this morning :( will have to bring it back to my mate

And I thought it was just my area!

Both my nephew and myself have 200's and we both have this thing where all the lights except power flash on and off at the same time.

I have borrowed a subbed 200 and it is fine. I just hope I can find what the fault is while I have the use of it.

I have 2 120's they both went off but only 1 had the flashing lights the other 1 came back on the next day still got the flashing lights on the other : shocked2

Back