A Fat Fireman, Come On Man, Wtf ???

CAROLANN

Inactive User
Reaction score
I see in the scottish news that the firemen could strike cause a fellow "FAT AS FOOK" fireman has been told that hes no good for the job.

This stupid uk and the people seem to be getting more stupid by the minute if they think its acceptable for a BIG FAT basttrd fireman to be doing the job of a strong/fit/well built guy.

I mean, i can see the point that some fat guys can still carry on and be as good at the job as the next strong/fit guy, but this guy is quite obviously far far too fat and heavy, he couldnt save himself never mind someone else from 10 story block of flats, i can imagine him trying to help in the 9/11 disaster, ilmao, he would have been able to hold the oxygen mask on peoples faces, thats about it, infact , he probably would have to have stole some of the oxygen mask gas too, lol...

But its true, init ??? whats this place coming to man when they think people should support a fat fireman and pay him loads of money when its a fact he aint able to do the job, i say get the coont on a treadmill etc right here and now and test his fitness level if he wants to protest hes fit for his job..........

its our lifes hes messing with afterall, this aint no game.............!

Just because he is fat doesn't mean he is'nt strong. Sometime being big is an advantage eg. holding a hose, knocking doors down, pulling things out.

When I applied for the fire service they couldn't actually say how many places there would be available as due to the age discrimination laws they can no longer retire people due to age so they have to find them office jobs...

So basically they are paying people to shuffle paper just for the sake of it so that they don't get sued by some disgruntled old man/woman who actually can no longer perform the physical part of the job

Actual story from The Scotsman....

Strike threat after firefighter is sacked for 'being fat'

Published Date: 03 July 2008
By Frank Urquhart
A VETERAN firefighter has been sacked after 22 years with the frontline emergency service because he is too fat, it was revealed yesterday.
His dismissal has sparked the threat of strike action by furious colleagues in the Grampian Fire and Rescue Service, who claim the overweight firefighter is a victim of unjust discrimination.

And last night Alan Paterson, the local secretary of the Fire Brigades Union (FBU),
declared: "An attack on one of us is an attack on us all."

The firefighter is in his mid 40s and is stationed at the Central Fire Station in Aberdeen.

He was sacked after failing an annual fitness test, which meant he was incapable of carrying out his duties as a frontline firefighter. Mr Paterson said: "He is totally demoralised.

This firefighter has served 22 years in the brigade and they decide to terminate his contract because they deem him unfit for operational duties.

"Rather than redeploy him, as we have suggested, into an educational or inspection role, they have decided to take the easy way out and sack him on the grounds of incapability without any compensation or recompense. We deem that a sanction far too severe. This guy is only overweight. He is not a criminal."

The FBU has called a mass meeting of Grampian firefighters in Aberdeen on 15 July to discuss possible strike action.

A spokesman for the Grampian brigade confirmed that a firefighter had been dismissed from the service.

He explained: "The firefighter involved was provided with a lot of support and assistance over a considerable period of time."

Last Updated: 02 July 2008 9:42 PM
Source: The Scotsman

http://news.scotsman.com/scotland/Strike-threat-after-firefighter-is.4249752.jp

They are supposed to keep up a general level of fitness
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Quite right too.

If lard ar$e wants to stay in a job which depends on him being fit & healthy, then he should stay away from the MacD's.

If I'm being rescued from a burning building, I want someone who's up to the job, not some frail lass, or Tommy Tenbellies.

Now that makes more sense, there is a big difference between being fat and being fit.

So he was now sacked for being FAT, but for being UNFIT.

If as the report say's they have provided him with a lot of help and support and he has still not been able to meet the fitness required then they are right to sack him. He is in a profession where fitness is part of the job, other people are at risk if he can't do his job. Its not as though he wouldn't have known that.

thebigman

Fook him
They need to be fit ,if not get fooked .
I am a shop steward but this is when the unions really piss me off

Back