A debate with myself

Reaction score
Hey there,

I've been thinking about quitting smoking a lot lately.
But as I've tried countless times before, it probably wont last.

But a friend of me recommended vaping, as a step closer to quitting.
Now what I've heard is that once you switch, it's even harder to just quit (or as hard).

That aside, it's still "less unhealthy".
I've been recommended the Innokin EQ,
Does anyone have some experience with those or other recommendations?
I currently smoke <10 cigs a day, what nicotine level should I even take for the liquids?

Kind regards,
Jarne

The Mrs used one and she liked it, the only fault with it was it had to kept upright. She now uses an Eleaf istick. The idea is to gradually lower the nicotine amount, however She has just replaced the cigs and uses either the 10 or 18 mg ones from Home bargains they are only 95p.

Last edited:
make your own juices is the best option,you can lower the nicotine over time. i started on 18mg now down to 3mg. there are loads of juices out there,go to a local shop and if its like mine you can try em before you buy,using a ijoy Genie pd270 mod with a smok tfv 12 prince sub tank,give great taste and good clouds.

Tbh its easy to make your own there are loads of help videos etc on you tube. Once you start making your own you save £££ and can tailor it to your own needs.

As a smoker of almost 45 years...Just stop.it will cost you or at least cripple you...and believe me it will creep up on you,and by then it will be too late,cost you or cripple..the choice is yours but tbh if you have been smoking more than 20yrs then your probs heavily affected already,ok some peeps might be feeling Hunky Dory atm..|But it will catch up...Seen it all..Happy Puffing..!

I smoked for 30 years.
I was a service engineer and I had the habit of lighting up as soon as I got in my van first thing, and after every job.
One day I had completed about 12 x 5 minute jobs, by lunchtime so had smoked 12 cigs in a few hours, and I was then fed up with smoking.
I then decided i wouldnt smoke for the next hour, that was pretty easy, then I went to 2 hours not too difficult, then I went to 4 hours, that was harder next was overnight, as I am a pretty good sleeper that was easy too.
When I woke up the next morning I decided not to smoke.
I havent done so since

Im finding it really hard to stop smoking tbh.

Any ideas apart from the standard nicotine chewing gum or patches?

Use an ecig for the nicotine
and a Vapcap for the other stuff

Just go cold turkey, don't bother with all of those quit smoking products they just prolong the pain and make other people money.

Now i hear you say "Its not that easy" or "i can not stop its two hard" and "what would you know".......... this is what i know

it took me ten years to stop smoking 20-40 a day i would stop for a week or a few days and then Have just one more and give myself a 101 reasons to justify why it was OK i could have just one more....... it never worked.

how i stopped, basically i just didn't buy any cigarettes for a day or so, reilised i had't smoked in 24hrs and for some strange reason this was the motivation to continue, i wont lie it was not easy and even now i sometimes carve a smoke, BUT IT WAS THE BEST THING I DID.....

it only takes 3/4 days to get over nicotine, the rest is psychological. you need to find a deflector, for example....

1, its never time to stop at the end of the packet.
2, take the packed of cigarettes and put them in the cars glove box, shed, loft, somewhere out of the way (do it now)
3, when you need a cigarette, do ten pushups, walk up two steps 10 time, eat polo, chew one piece of gum for 5 mins.
i recommend the push ups as it funny when you suddenly start doing pushups in the pub :) ((THIS IS A MUST NO MATTER WHAT every time))
4, tel your self every day you can stop and will stop
5, when you fail, go back to step one
6, after a month well done you can now tell your self every day you have stopped smoking.......

good look.......

I'm almost 57 and smoked in my 20s. I gave up when I was 30. I wanted to give up because of the cost, £1.50 for 20 cigarettes. And also because of the health risks. At the time, STV News had an anti-smoking compaign. They showed a man getting his leg removed in hospital due to heavy smoking. That was it for me. I've never looked back. I don't know how people can smoke thesedays with the cost and health risks.

Back