A couple of dm800 questions

SAFC_FTM

Inactive User
Reaction score
Ok after a bit of advice on 2 things:

1 - I recently had the ca error on my dm800 (caused by myself stupidly updated plugins through the genuine feature!!!). To clear this i had to reinstall 2nd stage loaders through DreamUP. I was told at the time to find out my ss by looking at device info in web browser, this showed up as ss72. So i flashed ss72 and then i was ok to put DreamElite image for bl72 on.

i have since found out that my box has the sticker on the bottom stating it is a 2.01 sim, does this mean i should be able to update it to ss75?

2 - I have also recently setup my dm800 so it see's my PC on my home network. I am using VLC for avi files and thats ok. Problem is when i try and play certain mkv files by using the media player some of the mkv are really jumpy. it isn't like this on all mkv just certain ones. I think i've proved its not a network fault by actually transferring said mkv onto the dm800 internal HDD and exactly the same happens. Only thing i think it could be is a driver or codec. any one got any ideas on how to solve this one too?

any help much appreciated.

Cheers

just a quick bump on this as i'm still having probs with MKV files skipping randomly.

I am starting to think if i could upgrade BL and get a newer image on that newer codecs within the image may sort this.

COuld anyone confirm this?

Sim2.01 will work with the latest bootloader 76a, dont know if you can directly upgrade from bl72 to 76a though without taking any intermediate steps.

If it is a codec issue with mkv files then newer drivers in the latest images could help fix the issue, you'll have to try and find out..

Intrestingly the new patcjed bootlaoder 76a for Sim201 allows you to use original UNPATCHED images and latest driver...which is a fantastic development, this gives SIM201 the advantage over Ferarri SIM at the minute.. (certain images still have issue if used unpatched like Gemini, but OpenPli and DreamElite apparently work fine unpatched).

" SS76-to-SS76a for DM 800 HD Clone

This is new patched bootloader 76a
from sim201 team

1.Authentic patchless for dm800 nfi-image.
2.Support the original new drivers 100%.
"

yeah i was looking at the 76a BL and that was what i was hoping to go to.

i basically need to know what you were wondering if i could upgrade my BL to 76a or whether i would have to use any intermediate steps.
Any one know definitively the best way to get to 76a from 72?

Got this from another site:
"Hi All , sim 201 team , who aint been doing alot lately , have just released a gem , we are now able to use original images in clone boxes

Flash any original image with bl76 (do not reboot) and then flash the patched bl76a and the image is ok ,

confirmed working 100% on DreamElite BH 1.3.3D , will report when other images are tested

enjoy

beware , sim 2.01 ONLY"

2shared - download ss76-to-ss76a_beta-20100713.nfi

Last edited:
I tested this today, flashed the official Dream Elite latest image unpatcched, flashed patched bootloader 76a and all works fine.

Newer drivers in the image Didnt fix the "tune failed" issue I get on soem channels though...

- Good thing is you can update to latest unpatched drivers, I manually updates the latest tuner driver from dreambox source, and seemed to work..made no real difference though...

Last edited:
yeah i've got thos 76a files already i'm just not sure whether i can jump direct to BL76 from 72 or whether i need to take other steps.

@gsmtech - I wasn't specifically looking at tune failed issues it was more MKV skipping issues. What rev tuner do you have? Have you also tried changing your echo rates?

Tuner Rev L3, it's a new box, less than a week old.. How do I check and change the echo rates.

More likely the tuners are just crap in clones, I only get 50 -65% SNR on most channels.

My clone DM500s on the same feed gets above 80 - 85 SNR on the same feed.

Back