80GB PVR with FREEVIEW = £99.99

chrome307

Inactive User
Reaction score
59316229843946777b638e.jpg

80GB Personal Video Recorder with FREEVIEW

This amazing personal video recorder is set to revolutionise the way we watch and re-watch TV. The very latest advancement in digital viewing and recording technology, it not only allows you to watch one channel and record another at the same time, it doesn't need tapes or DVDs to record on - the 80GB hard disk drive stores them instead for subsequent replaying.

* Twin tuner 80GB PVR with FREEVIEW
* Receives all FREEVIEW digital channels
* Timeshift function allowing you to play and record simultaneously and pause live TV
* Remote control with on-screen display
* Digital RED BUTTON
* Interactive Teletext (MHEG 5)
* Easy set up and installation on any TV
* Automatic channel search
* Twin SCART sockets
* Now and next information
* Electric Programme Guide (EPG)
* Slimline design

On Sale from 15 December 2005 @ ALDI

Homepage
http://www.aldi.co.uk/

I'd seen this and hopefully will get one - that's both Lidl & Aldi who are doing PVR's (the Lidl one doesn't have freeview but does have a DVDRW with divx capabilities)

What makes it a bargain apart from the co$t is the fact that it is a Twin Tuner, meaning that you can record one channel whilst watching another :)

I'm assuming its a twin freeview tuner?

Some twin tuners allow twin recording - not being able to find any web details on this model (outside the aldi site)

I will hopefully get one

Will you be able to record onto the hard drive from SKY or cable?

Don't think so - only seems to record using the channel menu.

I missed out last Thursday (sold out by 9.03!!) but got one today - many stores it seems got a second batch of ten at the weekend. So if anyone else missed out - try again.

wow that is an amazing price.
Do they still have them in? I might get it for christmas if they do

freeview box

according to aidi there was a misprint on the box,cannot watch and record different channel at the same time.double check if anyone buys one

Hard Disc recorder

i use a wholesaler BDC quite a few outlet over the country.
I am sure they do a Humax that can record on two channnels and watch a third.
About £170 +vat look up humax or try their webpage. Or try BDC webpage which is quite new.
I'll have a look next time I go there.:Cheers:

ropete said:
according to aidi there was a misprint on the box,cannot watch and record different channel at the same time.double check if anyone buys one

No the misprint was the "record two channels"

You can record one and watch another
You can also record one and timeslip another (e.g. pause live tv).

Its a great recorder for 99 quid, very quiet - just it has some software bugs that hopefully will get solved otherwise it'll go back.

the Humax is a very good recorder - just costs a lot more!

Back