7755 vs 1500CI+

delectable

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys, some advice please.

Going to get myself a motorised set up with a Technomate. Can I have your thoughts as to the best model?

I did want an embedded Viaccess as was going to get an official ART card, so was going to go for the 7755 as seemed better value.

However, I've read that the 1500CI+ is the best supported for patches and support for the 7755 (patches) is not as good. Also heard that the CI card slot on the 1500 decodes and offical card so does not require a CAM. Is this correct? and is so, what's the point/advantage of the embedded viaccess slot?

With patches, do they essentially decode scrambled channels? How frequently do they need to be updated? Which decoding systems do they work on?

Dish/LNB/Motor combination tips appreciated too.

Thanks in advance.

The 7755 and 1500 are both patchable but the 1500 has regular support and updates, the 7755 does not. A 1500 has better on-screen software, is more user-friendly, is more stable and has a 1cam slot as well as a 1card slot.
A 'Viaccess' cam embedded just means that it has an official licenced Viaccess cam, which you would likely still 'patch' to open it up to be compatible with other cards & softcams etc.
If you patch a 1500 version then it makes it an unofficial viaccess cam as well as various others too. Officially the cam isnt licenced by Viaccess but that doesnt mean it cannot do the same job (technomate just dont officially pay).
So the idea of a patch is to make the embedded cam 'open' and when you add the latest 'softcam' (all the available pirate keys) then you also get lots of channels clearing.

The CI slot on a 1500 is for adding any other CAM - Conditional Access Module, which is a PCMCIA card. It makes it more future proof and universal.

It is the inbuilt 'cardslot' that will accept official cards, not the CI slot.

Current encryption systems that the CAMS can emulate are- Viaccess, Conax, Nagravision, BISS, Betacrypt, Firecrypt, Mediaguard, probably others i cant really remember but you get the idea.

I think maybe you are trying to run before walking :) there is a mass of info to take in if you want to go beyond basics, but really you need to do lots of reading first.

Bottom line, if you really never want to do anything than use 2 official viaccess cards then maybe the 7755 is for you, but any other interest means you will want the 1500 version.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Thanks for the steer. You pushed me in the direction I ws heading.

With regard to the soft cam (or keys) how long do they last or need to be updated? I read about TPS having an auto update ability.

With the patches and soft cams, I assume no cards are needed?

there are many providers, there are many 'packages' and many different encryptions & keys. There isnt any set time and they are all different. TPS keys change within minutes, D+ keys change every 2 days on average, Premiere have given up changing and they are lasting ages, lots of others change every month, etc etc, every provider is different. Also hacks come and hacks go, if something is Auto-update today it doesnt guarantee that it will still be next week. This is all part of the hobby side of satellite tv, its the fun part trying the latest pirate released stuff and getting new solutions to counter-act a providers 'attack'.
I think most here perhaps change a softcam every few days and maybe manually add an odd key in between. It will also depend on what you watch. For instance if you only watch footy on a saturday then I guess you'd only change/update your softcam on a saturday morning, or maybe if the channel hasnt changed anything that week then you wouldnt even need to update once a week.
No cards are needed, unless you choose to buy an official card to add more choice or guarantee you get something you like. Also sometimes a new hack may only be available on a new pirate card, so if you want the latest hack you would buy a pirate card then. This applies with CAMs too, sometimes CAM manufacturers will release a hack that nobody else can offer, so you may choose to buy their product as an upgrade.
:)

If youve decided on a TM then I cant see past the 1500 CI+ model myself...excellent little box and good value for the money...

Back