70's sweets who remembers these?

for those ones that dont know what Carluke steak is
its jam R&w Scott jamakers

Not that it means much to the vast majority of folks in here, but R&W Scott were a great source of income for us lads back in the day.
I can remember a team of us being picked up in a ramshackle wooden flat-bed trailer at Pickerings Corner (towed by a Tractor) trundling up the road past Overtown and onto Carluke to pick the Rasp's & Strawb's for Mr & Mrs Scott and all their offspring to make preserves.

We had to make money to buy Buckie somehow. It was either that, tattie howkin' at Barrs farm, or working on a market stall at Wishae market.

they were the days big chaps Spook Market i used to have a stall in there many moons ago lol

Sitting thinking about when I was a kid growing up in Africa in early 70's and my gran used to send out sweetie parcels to us kids as we couldnt get sweets like here in the UK. who remember's these and what were your favorites?
View attachment 123474
View attachment 123475
View attachment 123476
View attachment 123477
View attachment 123478
View attachment 123479
View attachment 123480
Never mind the 70's, I can still remember the 50's with MB Bars, Hard Black Liquorice, Penny dainties, and Duncans Walnut whips. Yummmy, anyone got a spare Farthing? or even a silver Threepenny bit?

I used think it was full of peppery goodness 🙄😬

The best ever multipack bar was a United (in Leeds colours)
They ditched them and along came second rate ones such as Breakaway and Waggon Wheels?

Back