70's sweets who remembers these?

Remember her well, would do anything for a stick of spearmint gum, Lizzie (Minty) Braithwaite was her real name. :eek:
Omg have you been with her as well Dave?.She had Parma violet perfume ,cherry drop lips and always smoked a liquorice pipe. I think she was a little Spanish dip if you ask me.😳🤮

Last edited:
Omg have you been with her as well Dave?.She had Parma violet perfume ,cherry drop lips and always smoked a liquorice pipe. I think she was a little Spanish dip if you ask me.😳🤮

She sounds a real sweetheart 😍

70's sweets, a subject close to my heart. As well as the aforementioned, there are:

Aztec Bars (taken off the shelves as the advert said that it was made from the blood of the Aztecs)
Treets
Spangles
Pacers
Mint Cracknel (forgotten about that, cheers)
Texan bar
Five boys chocolate
Cadburys Ice Breaker
Dairy Crunch
Cadburys Rumba
Bar Six
Lucky Potatoes
Drumsticks (always dished out after a haircut)
Sherbet Fountain
Carluke Balls, Oddfellows, and any other Kings of Wishaw Sweets.

Carluke Balls , Oddfellas .........You still get Oddfellows from a shop on the london road behind the barras called Glickmans
as for Carluke Balls, try the Wee Thackit gents for them lol
Oh and how i could go a peice on Carluke Steak yum yum

Wow, a few of my old favourites here, my teeth are aching now at the thought of them!
I was particularly fond of Oddfellows, but I also had a weakness for Floral gums, Midget Gems, Sports Mixture (especially the black ones) and Floral Pips. I'd occasionally treat myself to a quarter of Cadbury's Chocolate Eclairs, 16½p if I remember correctly. McGowan's Highland Toffee was lovely too but had a tendency to remove loose fillings!
My Grandad was a dab hand at making traditional Scottish tablet (even though he was diabetic), when he started losing his marbles it became darker & darker as he forgot to remove it from the stove!
And yes, I do still have my own teeth - well most of them!

Wow, a few of my old favourites here, my teeth are aching now at the thought of them!
I was particularly fond of Oddfellows, but I also had a weakness for Floral gums, Midget Gems, Sports Mixture (especially the black ones) and Floral Pips. I'd occasionally treat myself to a quarter of Cadbury's Chocolate Eclairs, 16½p if I remember correctly. McGowan's Highland Toffee was lovely too but had a tendency to remove loose fillings!
My Grandad was a dab hand at making traditional Scottish tablet (even though he was diabetic), when he started losing his marbles it became darker & darker as he forgot to remove it from the stove!
The black sports mixture is now blackcurrant not liquorice. I hate changes why spoil a good thing. they smell like cat pish too.🤮

The black sports mixture is now blackcurrant not liquorice. I hate changes why spoil a good thing. they smell like cat pish too.🤮
I don't know about a 'good thing' here - I think one of the reasons I liked them was that no one else did! But blackcurrant ffs? What's that all about?
I see they've also softened up Ginger Nuts. NOT good. Is that so all us oldies can still chew them with our gums?

I don't know about a 'good thing' here - I think one of the reasons I liked them was that no one else did! But blackcurrant ffs? What's that all about?
I see they've also softened up Ginger Nuts. NOT good. Is that so all us oldies can still chew them with our gums?
Or are they slightly under cooked to save money on gas. Everything is made with cheap ingredients today but you get charged top dollar. Why don't cakes in shops taste like the cakes your Mother used to bake?.

Aye candle apples was another one somebody would just walk up and down the street shouting
Candy appells Git your Candy appells lol @nara you will know the Crown as well in Carluke
how does that song go Memories lol

Carluke Balls , Oddfellas .........You still get Oddfellows from a shop on the london road behind the barras called Glickmans...Oh and how i could go a peice on Carluke Steak yum yum
Good shout on the Oddfellows, cheers. Funnily enough, one of my mates growing up used to call them Craigneuk balls, the pish was duly ripped out of him :) Argentina chews were another tooth rotting confection I had forgotten.
Carluke steak, now there's a phrase I haven't heard for almost 40 years. It's up there with a piece 'n' mouse meat :)
my teeth are aching now at the thought of them!...Floral gums,
Floral gums were an abomination. It was impossible to eat them without at least a 1/4lb adhering to your molars. I hear that Vito Corleone ate Floral gums.
I also have my own teeth. I keep them in a jar by my bedside.
you will know the Crown as well in Carluke
Back in the day when we raced ours cars around the area, the cross at the Crown was a great place to dodge the lights.
Also, the downward facing lights inside the Crown disco looked like pillars. Many's a time I spilled a pint trying to walk around them.

Good shout on the Oddfellows, cheers. Funnily enough, one of my mates growing up used to call them Craigneuk balls, the pish was duly ripped out of him :) Argentina chews were another tooth rotting confection I had forgotten.
Carluke steak, now there's a phrase I haven't heard for almost 40 years. It's up there with a piece 'n' mouse meat :)

Floral gums were an abomination. It was impossible to eat them without at least a 1/4lb adhering to your molars. I hear that Vito Corleone ate Floral gums.
I also have my own teeth. I keep them in a jar by my bedside.

Back in the day when we raced ours cars around the area, the cross at the Crown was a great place to dodge the lights.
Also, the downward facing lights inside the Crown disco looked like pillars. Many's a time I spilled a pint trying to walk around them.
😂😂😂😂😂

Texans, gold rush, and tooty fruities... and being a kid in the 70's with my 1/2p and getting black jacks and fruit salads.

for those ones that dont know what Carluke steak is
its jam R&w Scott jamakers
Midget gems i know you still get them but not like when i was a laddie
feck me thats 3 chins ive wiped reading this thread

All i know is a mars bar 'back in the day' was double the size we have now and cheaper too!

All i know is a mars bar 'back in the day' was double the size we have now and cheaper too!
Lol, you should see the bars in the vending machine where I work. They're so small, the S's on the Snickers bar go around the edges lol, and they're 90p ffs.

Lol, you should see the bars in the vending machine where I work. They're so small, the S's on the Snickers bar go around the edges lol, and they're 90p ffs.

The 'S' stands for snacksize! 90p? Daylight robbery!

Back