70's sweets who remembers these?

shaun127

VIP Member
VIP Member
Sitting thinking about when I was a kid growing up in Africa in early 70's and my gran used to send out sweetie parcels to us kids as we couldnt get sweets like here in the UK. who remember's these and what were your favorites?
texan.jpg
mint crisp.jpg
cup1.jpg
cup2.jpg
old jam.jpg
tootie fruitys.jpg
gold rush.jpg
cabana.jpg

Joe Noodles

VIP Member
VIP Member
Only Golden cup, Tooty frooties and Gold rush i remember but i`m not as old as you old man ;)
Even back in the 70s/80s we use to take chocolate/sweets to Malta for cousins/family etc but now they can get them but still don`t taste the same as they do here.

chookey

VIP Member
VIP Member
I liked the Golden Cup, Raspberry Ruffles which I still get but my favourite as a child in the 60's was a Macaroon Bar. We moved from Scotland in December 65' but my Granny sent parcels of our favourite Scottish treats for a while :)

Just thought I'dd add that my Grannies homemade tablet was to die for.

dar1437

Worldz Biggest Oddball
VIP Member
Sherbert dip dabs , flying saucers and jubblies were my favourites.

Never heard of mint nibblers either
The Minty Nibbler was a long thin chewwy bar and i think there was some sort of rodent on the wrapper? Lol

dar1437

Worldz Biggest Oddball
VIP Member
Slightly off topic, but i just had a flashback to when i was in the local sweet shop, aged around 10. On entering my bell-end of a brother sais to me, there's no one here, now's your chance to do some robbing. At which point a woman that was sitting behind the counter stood up. He walked out, leaving me to purchase some confectionery. Lol

craigneuk

Premium Member
Premium Member
curly wurly penny carmels which are about 2 bob now 10p to Posh folk
sour plumes and my dads favourite Turkish Delight take that which ever way you want lol

TEST