7-Zip Files wont start?

afcwomble

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Well I got my bright shiny new DS Lite from US as said and have downloaded a few Roms to have a play with. All the .nds files are fine but i've downloaded some 7z files(looks like 7-zip compressed) which don't play at all on my DSTT card. Any Ideas? Thanks.

if there are multiple zip files you send them all 00 01 02 03 and so on to your sd card then when done open any zip send it to sd and the delete the rest works for me

I've downloaded Roms 2000-2101 so I have 100 seperate Roms but any one I send to card doesn't work-I've also downloaded 2101-2201 which are all normal .nds Roms which work fine.Just seems to be the 7z files??

I presume your extracting the files first? It can only play .nds files and not decompress zips/7zips on teh fly...

cheers

moose

I presume your extracting the files first? It can only play .nds files and not decompress zips/7zips on teh fly...

cheers

moose

Yes mate-Extracted all to seperate folders and they all end in .7z. Like I said the other batch I downloaded extracted as .nds filesand they are fine??

i bet they are .7zip files all contained in one .7zip file try extracting one of the individual games again ie NDS2008.7z and see if there is a file inside it...

cheers

moose

i bet they are .7zip files all contained in one .7zip file try extracting one of the individual games again ie NDS2008.7z and see if there is a file inside it...

cheers

moose

No mate-already unzipped them and they list like:

2101 - Brain Assist (E)(EXiMiUS).7z
2102 - Best of Tests DS (U)(SQUiRE).7z

and so on.

Just won't do anything when I put them on stick. As said all the .nds files I downloaded go on no problem.

7zip is a compression method like zip and rar.

You need to download the 7zip program and extract the archive which should contain the nds file.

http://www.7-zip.org/ is the program I'm not sure if you can unzip them in any other program than this.

7zip is a compression method like zip and rar.

You need to download the 7zip program and extract the archive which should contain the nds file.

http://www.7-zip.org/ is the program I'm not sure if you can unzip them in any other program than this.

Thanks Doozer-That was the programme I was after-All opened up now.:Cheers:

i had this problem too lol never realised it was 7 files till now but thanks a lot guys

Back