6800 vs 9100

madmanc

Inactive User
Reaction score
1 which is best and will open more?
2 the 9100 is still a motorised set up yes?
3 what extra channels will i get with a diablo cam?
4 is there a better cam than diablo??

cheers for advice:Clap:

pinkhelmets

Inactive User
Reaction score
1) You cant really compare these as they are so different, it depends on 'best for what?' The 6800 is best for High Definition, stability & user friendlyness, the 9100 is better on price. Neither will directly open more really, although the 6800 will get HD channels as a bonus but you are able to use a 9100 & internet to connect to cardservers which could give more overall. However, if you want ability to connect to cardservers then a dreambox or clone would be a far better buy imho, and cheaper.

2) Yes
3) Conax package channels like digitalb @16*e and C+ @1*w can be opened with the Diablo.
4) Currently, no.

-----------------
Both receivers are an unusual choice in my opinion. You can beat the price on either models and get better equipment, but maybe you have a cheap offer?

Last edited:

madmanc

Inactive User
Reaction score
1) You cant really compare these as they are so different, it depends on 'best for what?' The 6800 is best for High Definition, stability & user friendlyness, the 9100 is better on price. Neither will directly open more really, although the 6800 will get HD channels as a bonus but you are able to use a 9100 & internet to connect to cardservers which could give more overall. However, if you want ability to connect to cardservers then a dreambox or clone would be a far better buy imho, and cheaper.

2) Yes
3) Conax package channels like digitalb @16*e and C+ @1*w can be opened with the Diablo.
4) Currently, no.

-----------------
Both receivers are an unusual choice in my opinion. You can beat the price on either models and get better equipment, but maybe you have a cheap offer?

thanks alot mate for the response, i currently have a 6800 and fancied a change as i dont like it that much,and just seen the linux 9100,. i think i must research a bit mor and go from there,but i think ill get a diablo cam just a boredom purchase) thanks again mate.

TEST