600c image type

chronoman

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi
i have a modded gemini image in the .nfi format.
Can i change it to .img so i can telnet as dream up isnt playing properly with this box or if not how do i get a .img image to flash box

thanks chronoman

hi
i have a modded gemini image in the .nfi format.
Can i change it to .img so i can telnet as dream up isnt playing properly with this box or if not how do i get a .img image to flash box

thanks chronoman

you will brick your 600 if u try flash a .img over lol cant rename a nfi either :) are u using the correct version of dreamup for the 600 ? other option is to flash via the webif (telnet in to remove bootloader then go to webif to flash) make sure u know the ip of dreambox before u do this though :)

cheers

osborne82

cant seem to access now .the front led is red and says unable to connect.have i done this wrong

flaskwizard pro 6.4 is out there works on 600 most people find it easyer then telnet way.

you will brick your 600 if u try flash a .img over lol cant rename a nfi either :) are u using the correct version of dreamup for the 600 ? other option is to flash via the webif (telnet in to remove bootloader then go to webif to flash) make sure u know the ip of dreambox before u do this though :)

cheers

osborne82
osbourne can you give us a tut on how to do this m8? i think it would be a bit quicker but is it safe?
also a lott of people have probs with dreamup and laptops so it might help there too.

Last edited:
to telnet to a dm600 this is what i do.
firstly if you are going to use this method you need your dreambox connected via a router to get the ip address after deleting the bootloader and dhcp enabled via the comunication setup menu on the dreambox.

in windows xp...
clic start then run.
in the run box type cmd and then clic ok
you should now have a dos window open.
type in there type

telnet 192.168.2.2

replacing the ip address i used as an example with the ip address of your dreambox then press enter.
you now need to login to the dreambox
type root as the login then press enter
dreambox as the password then press enter

you should now say root@dm600pvr ~ #

you are now ready to delete the bootloader by using this telnet command

mount /boot -o remount,rw
rm /boot/*
reboot

now the dreambox will reboot and is ready to be flashed via a web browser.
open internet explorer or firefox
and type in the address bar the ip address of the dreambox
again press enter and you should see a page where you can now flash your new image to the dreambox.
(if you dont know the ip of the dreambox it can be found via your router setup menu, on the dhcp client list page.)
hope all this makes sense?
if not stick to other methods of flashing :)

Last edited:
well Osbourne helped me past a hurdle flashed it and fooked it ,or i think i have.really need my old pc back to get null modem plugged in .
the unit said 100% flashed but now red/green lights on but no video

beginning to hate the 600

Away to work so tbc in 2 weeks .lol

mount /boot -o remount,rw
rm /boot/*
reboot

:)

For the hard of thinking (i.e ME) do you enter that command all
in the one line
or
do you press enter after each line

Back